Leidos is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist. If you have the skills to pay the bills. Please check out the requirements for the position below.
Leidos has an opening for a Payroll Specialist to join our Corporate Payroll team. Our Corporate Payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, expatriates, and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world. In this role, you will provide support related to payroll processing, tax support, audit requests, status reporting, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Calculate, compile, and submit accurate information and adjustments into the payroll processing software for assigned employee groups.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance with federal, state, and/or local policies and tax guidelines.
- Create, review, and audit manual checks.
- Prepare manual upload files used in the processing of payroll.
- Garnishment payroll entries and review
- Help to support employee receivables process
- Detect and resolve routine and complex payroll anomalies
- Prepare external reports to internal business partners and research GL matters
- Support help desk team by answering and resolving employee escalations
- Support team with special payroll projects, tax adjustments, and complex research matters.
- High school diploma/GED with minimum 3 years of payroll processing experience is required.
- Previous payroll experience should include processing multi-state payroll for 10,000 employees or more.
- Must have experience with payroll systems such as ADP, Deltek, Ultipro, etc. Preference will be given to those with Ultipro experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to work and manage payroll tasks independently and with high judgement using payroll background
- Work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven, organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work independently.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- UltiPro Payroll, Costpoint Payroll, and Deltek T&E Systems highly desired
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: