Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros. We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
As a Payment Support Specialist, you are the external voice to our Pros on all matters payments-related. This includes supporting investigations into high-risk payment transactions, troubleshooting technical errors, and providing best-practices on safely accepting and growing their use of payments. As a direct connection to our Pros, you are responsible for sharing insights with risk, product, engineering, and customer success teams to help us champion their success.
You are a great communicator who is as comfortable shooting the breeze as engaging in difficult conversations. You listen well, establish rapport quickly, and can transmit complex information in a straightforward manner. You thrive on a fast pace, can juggle multiple priorities, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
Our team is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Point of contact with customers via written and verbal communication regarding payments issues
- Communicate with Pros regarding debt collection, account reconciliation, and high risk payments
- Interpret and assist with reconciliation of merchant services account ledgers
- Eloquently troubleshoot issues and provide assistance to a broad base of customers
- Provide Pros with best practices on chargeback prevention and mitigation, and support chargeback evidence collection and submission
- Troubleshoot technical issues relating to merchant services
- Communicate with engineering product teams to identify and problem-solve technical errors
- Collaborate with Risk team regarding high risk transactions
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Stripe or other merchant service provider
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Tech support experience preferred
- Experience in full-time customer support, account management, or sales
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- High attention to detail
- Excellent reading comprehension
- Experience in developing relationships with customers
- Professional attitude and demeanor when interacting with others
- Internal Candidates: Must be approved by their respective manager
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates and the expected compensation of $26.50/hour. The specific hourly rate for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.