If you want to be part of changing healthcare to better serve patients, you are in the right place. With Vituity you will join a team of individuals dedicated to our culture of caring and work to develop and implement innovative solutions, while tackling some of the healthcare industry’s most challenging situations from the inside.
Join the Vituity Team. At Vituity, our core values matter. We embody a Culture of Caring by approaching every human interaction with compassion and heart. With a Servant Leadership philosophy, we focus on what we can accomplish when we put our patients and colleagues first. An Ownership Mentality means we all have mutual accountability to drive positive change for Vituity as a whole. Finally, our focus on Innovation enables all of us to re-imagine healthcare and bring about lasting change. Ultimately, we are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives, and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. Help us shape the future of healthcare.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year. With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with you.
- Receives patient/client calls and resolves them in a professional manner leaving the caller with a positive impression of RCM Vituity.
- Reviews accounts to determine and take appropriate action, i.e.; obtain insurance information, offer appropriate financial assistance, process credit card payment, refer account to collection agency or refer to the appropriate billing team for further research.
- Update patient account and notes appropriately based upon action/request.
- Performs pre-verifications to determine where eligibility and when to send claims by running on-line eligibility.
- Identify and communicate Patient Services issues.
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Required Experience and Competencies
- Must be able to type a minimum speed of 40 words per minute or 7,000 data entry key strokes per hour.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a health care setting or insurance related field providing patient registration and/or insurance authorization as typically obtained in approximately 2 years is required.
- Related experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Previous call center experience is highly desirable.
- Customer service experience is preferable.
- Fluent in Spanish language, both oral and written is a plus.
- Strong customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows software preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Knowledge of medical group practice management systems and PC skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance and managed care requirements.
- Understanding of health insurance concepts and requirements, including HMO, PPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and other federal and state agency programs.
- Requires knowledge of medical and billing terminology.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to make phone calls seeking account resolution.
- Ability to promote teamwork.
- Flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Perform 10-key by touch.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods.
Even when you are working remotely, you are an important part of the Vituity Community. We offer plenty of opportunities to engage with other Vitans through a variety of virtual meet-and-greets, events and seminars.
- Monthly wellness events and programs such as yoga, HIIT classes, and more
- Trainings to help support and advance your professional growth
- Team building activities such as happy hours and holiday celebrations
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunities to attend Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) events including LGBTQ+ History, Día de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
Benefits & Beyond*
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior health plan options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Top Tier 401(k) retirement savings plans that offers a $1.20 match for every dollar up to 6%
- Outstanding Paid Time Off: Four weeks’ vacation, Paid holidays, Sabbatical
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Professional and Career Development Program
- EAP, travel assistance and identify theft included
- Wellness program
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, Día de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees.
Hourly rate for this role is $18 per hour.
We are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we work together across sites and specialties as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do it. Come grow with us.