Here at Savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial results. We partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
- Interviews patients in person or by phone to obtain all required information for hospital records and billing systems. Registers or Pre-registers all scheduled patients for admission, partial hospitalization, and outpatient services according to department policies and procedures.
- Obtains patient and/or responsible party signatures on registration and issues required information to patients/ responsible party concerning Advanced Directives, Privacy, Medicare and required other compliance or consent forms.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorization for all services requiring pre-certification.
- May prepare charts and paperwork for patient visits. Places identification wristband on patient and follows hospital patient safety procedures for patient identification at all times.
- Performs clerical functions as needed, including answering phones, taking messages, chart processing, filing, faxing, etc. Assists patients with questions regarding hospitals bills including taking payments at any registration location.
- Screens patient for Medicaid, Affordable care Act or hospital sponsored financial program and provides appropriate documentation and referral. May provide bedside financial counseling and collection support by telephone for patient balances after discharge.
- Assists team with escalated issues, trains other team members as needed and is a subject matter expert.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least three years of experience working within the registration process in a hospital or physician office setting, including demonstrated success obtaining patient demographic and financial information, handling insurance verification and obtaining authorizations.
- Expert knowledge of patient access services and the overall effect on the revenue cycle.
- Proficient with commercial and government insurance plans, payer networks, government resources, and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer, simplifying complex information and handling escalated customer issues.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in a role that requires prioritization of multiple critical priorities while ensuring quality and achievement of performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance metrics.