iRhythm is looking for a remote Patient Financial Navigator. If you are interested in the requirements for this position look below.
About this role:
The Patient Financial Navigator can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. and is responsible for providing accurate, high quality and efficient customer service to iRhythm’s patients throughout the United States. This position is responsible for being a part of a high volume inbound call center in which the Advocate verifies and investigates patient insurance, estimates benefit coverage and out of pocket costs, and discusses patient responsibilities and/or patient payment options. The typical daily workload consists of the following: answering inbound calls and providing benefits investigations via phone and online web portals, collecting information from customers, outbound patient phone calls, and documenting all activities in iRhythm’s customer support system. The ideal candidate will have experience with working in a call center, health insurance, benefits investigations, reimbursement, and providing financial counseling to patients.
- Ability to work 8:00-5:00 Pacific Time. This translates to 9:00-6:00 Mountain Time, 10:00-7:00 Central Time or 11:00-8:00 Eastern Time.
- Answering inbound calls of our Advocacy Call Center
- Provide an estimate of the potential patient responsibility based upon the benefits coverage
- Make outbound phone calls to patients to discuss payment options
- Document in Salesforce all details surrounding patient’s heathcare benefit coverage and recommend appropriate payment options, if needed.
- Update records with complete patient and insurance information
- Maintain confidentiality of patient data and medical records in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Comfortable and capable utilizing various communication tools including IM and video conferencing to enable virtual work collaboration
- Maintain consistent work presence and impact during normal business hours, and be available for ad hoc check-in’s with managers and/or team leads.
- Deliver on challenging work objectives, including meeting daily, weekly and/or monthly productivity metrics.
- Produce high quality, high volume work by leveraging self-motivation and initiative in a remote work environment.
- Assist and cross train in other departments as business needs dictate and during critical times.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree, or relevant experience in healthcare preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with health insurance, benefits investigations, and reimbursement, along with billing and coding
- 2-3 years of experience providing patient communications and financial counseling for a healthcare provider, preferably in a call center environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a focus on assisting patients in a healthcare environment
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management systems required. Salesforce experience preferred
- Possess a secure work area conforming to HIPAA guidelines
- Self-awareness to find creative solutions to remote challenges
- Resourcefulness and high levels of emotional intelligence to identify obstacles and collaborate with others to discuss potential solutions.