Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, West Virginia, US territories
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: To save lives and minimize loss by identifying active threats globally and facilitating timely communications when an emergency threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is looking for a Monitoring Specialist (3pm-11pm CST, Friday-Tuesday) Remote who will be responsible for helping to provide safe work environments for our clients though our cloud-based emergency response system. You will be available to provide timely, professionally executed, phone-based support in the event of an emergency in our friendly call-center environment.
As one of the fastest growing software companies in the nation, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth to keep up with our demand!
Who you are:
You’re excited by our “customer love” mentality and are motivated by going above and beyond for the customers you serve. You are a team player when it comes to your customers and there is no task too big or too small in order to best support them. You take 1×1 approach to every customer interaction and value a “one team, one goal” mentality.
What you get to do every day:
- Provide professional, timely, phone-based support to AlertMedia customers in the event of an emergency
- Effectively and clearly communicate with law enforcement on behalf of our customers with a sense of urgency and confidence
- Uphold AlertMedia’s mission and values in order to provide our exceptional level of customer service at all times
- Be a team player and uphold your job duties by being committed to and on time for your scheduled shift
What you bring to the role:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years work experience (can be a student, but must have work experience)
- Previous Customer Service or Contact Center experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Typing capability of 35WMP minimum with a high level of accuracy
- Experience maintaining cooperative and professional relationships with fellow employees, representatives from other departments, and supervisors
- Use of logic and reasoning to reach best conclusions and thoughtful approaches to problems
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills to evaluate situations, establish priorities and provide resolutions, acting in accordance with the level of urgency necessary for the circumstance
- Ability to work under stressful situations with critical timelines
- Active listening and communication skills through clear speech and hearing
- Exceptional skill in interacting with people in stressful emergency and non-emergency situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail with ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to write clearly and spell correctly
- Ability to pass a drug/background screen
- Dependability and commitment to assigned shift, including but not limited to being on time
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive base salary + Company-wide bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are 100% paid for employees!
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other!
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 7 years in a row and numerous other awards
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.