- This position is responsible for the processing of ad copy and other information related to the sale of advertising, which includes contact with advertising clients/sales representatives to obtain ad copy, providing excellent customer service, inputting ad information into MIS, and working with the Sales Representative on any issues related to the processing of the sale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as need arises.
- Obtain ad copy and other information from sales representative/advertising clients to complete an advertisement order.
- Review incoming ad copy to insure accuracy (i.e. size, shape, color, index, location)
- Contact client/sales rep via telephone and/or email to obtain ad copy and/or information to facilitate the processing of the sale
- Upload ad copy and enter all necessary information to order entry
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Inputting advertisement order information into MIS
- Verify that all necessary information has been acquired to complete a sale
- Assure correct ad copy is attached
- Relays advertisement orders to the production department
- Coordinates with Sales Representatives to complete any ad revision or order changes
- Process revision and enters Support Request (may send to 3rd party vendor – QBS)
- Documents communication of changes in MIS (Communication Field or MC Workload Module) and notifies sales rep if a change would result in a change in the price and/or billing of an order.
- Additional duties may include:
- Assist sales reps with Problem Ads
- Work with Collections on credit holds
- Coordinate ad proof approvals, with sales rep or client
- Provides administrative support and assistance for assigned branch and as assigned by supervisor. Additional administrative support for branch may be assigned based on the needs of each branch.
- An Associate’s degree is required, although a Bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a preference for a degree in business administration or similar field. Additional years of relevant progressive work experience, including very strong administrative experience may substitute for degree requirements on a minimum year for year basis in addition to the 1-2 years of required experience noted below.
- At least 1 – 2 years of progressive relevant work experience in an administration, production and/or office environment, supporting a group of people or projects. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel and internet browsers.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 cwpm.
- Must have strong demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to support the Group PM, Sales and PMs and team members.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and schedules for several managers simultaneously.
- For internal candidates, familiarity with Naylor MIS preferred. An understanding of Naylor’s sales process with advertisers, as well as 3-part sales strategy is also helpful. Previous Naylor experience in Sales, Marketing, Sales Administration or other areas desirable.
- Ability to sit and use keyboard for extended period of time.
- Ability to conduct self-according to Naylor’s operating values.