Employer: Paper Education
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Our overnight tutors cover those late-night study sessions and students looking for last-minute help towards building their confidence!
You would be working a shift within the hours of 8PM – 6AM EST.
Our tutors are STEM experts who use the Socratic Method to engage with students and help them develop their skills by providing guidance and step-by-step support through our live, chat-based tutoring platform.
You’ll have the chance to hone your tutoring skills, all while making a meaningful difference in students’ lives by helping them improve their academic, professional, and personal skills. There are tutors online around the clock in many different subjects, and as a Paper Tutor, you may receive students in any of the topics that you are proficient in (which you identify in your application). When working in the Paper classroom, you may be working with several students at once. They could be working on different topics and may be working at different grade and ability levels!
- Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Conduct pedagogical assessments, and provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment, and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
- Contribute to the tutor team by offering your knowledge and support to peers.
- Tutoring experience 1+ year
- Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in relevant field
- Passionate about learning and teaching
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs and learning styles
- Consistently available to work at least 10 hours per week
- Ability to sit and type at a computer for long periods of time
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck
- Work from the comfort of your home!
- Flexible schedule based on your availability!
- Opportunity for career development and advancement into management with a fast-growing company
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable
All of our tutors start at $16/hour (adjustments for Emeryville, Sunnyvale, Mountain View and San Francisco, California, as well as Seattle, Washington). Wages are paid biweekly, direct deposit in your national currency.
At this time, we are only able to hire within certain locations in Canada and the United States.