The Best Friend’s Mission is to do nothing short of making history by bringing about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets. Our goal is that every animal shelter in every community in the country be no kill by the end of 2025. The fact is, we have a great culture, populated by fun, dedicated and brilliant people. But we’re always looking for talented people who can help us make history, and that’s where you come in. If you want to be a part of history and end the killing of shelter pets by 2025, apply today for one of our open job opportunities!
Location: Remote – Temporary
Hiring Range: This position is anticipated to pay between $51,900 to $56,000 annually, depending on experience.
Manager interviews will begin the week of November 6th.
Position Summary: This role will join the Best Friends Network team by providing support to organizations participating in Best Friends Network Partner offerings and Shelter Pet Data Alliance (SPDA). This person will support all areas within the network by performing administrative tasks, providing customer service, helping to onboard new network partners, producing and publishing content, supporting marketing campaigns, email communications and program initiatives with Shelter Pet Data Alliance (SPDA) and the Best Friends Network.
- Treat people around you with Kindness and Compassion, build trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on your commitments, prioritize your well-being like you do our mission, and work to build strong relationships with your colleagues by participating in communication loops to share and receive honest feedback. You are responsible and accountable for the culture you add to your team dynamic.
- Manage relationship for new and existing network partners, users and prospective users on SPDA.
- Manages 2 email inboxes, phone calls, and other 1:1 communications providing timely responses and routing to other teams as needed.
- Supports network operations with administrative tasks including maintaining excel spreadsheets, performance tracking, and more.
- Works with network engagement and communications team to help to source and produce content including stories, email, social posts, webinar/event marketing and publish on channels as needed
- Trains with the SPDA technical user support specialist to help process onboarding and support tickets, support the constituent journey on the platform.
- Escalate and coordinate communications between end users and technical staff.
- Support applications and onboarding for all participating organizations to include cross-divisional work on approving applications and working to get organizations engaged in the BF Network and SPDA.
- Communicate with organizations based on established messaging guidelines, staying up to date and making recommendations to the team on messaging updates based on organization feedback.
- Complete timely and accurate data entry into the CRM to track relationships and interactions with organizations and individuals.
- Provide status updates, communications, and knowledge transfer as necessary through meetings and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills displaying confidence and kindness when speaking with all audiences. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Highly organized with proven attention to detail.
- Independent work ethic with the ability to take initiative daily.
- Ability to listen actively, problem solve and create clear and effective one-to-one communication.
- Experience providing customer service support for a technical platform or product preferred
- Experience with social media or email marketing
- Demonstrated experience using remote work collaboration and communication tools like Office365, Asana, Excel, Smartsheets, Airtable, etc.
- Experience with data entry and CRM
- Ability to work collaboratively both intra-departmentally and cross-divisionally.
- Experience with animal shelters, animal rescues or municipal governments is a plus.
- Basic to moderate Excel skills
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Ability to travel as required, anticipated less than 10%.
Best Friends recently received a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award from Energage. Visit the Best Friends Animal Society page on the Energage Top Workplaces award winners’ site here to learn more. Not only do we take pride in cultivating a welcoming and supportive community and culture for our employees, but we also offer competitive benefits that make it easy to see why we were granted such an awesome award! We offer competitive pay including the opportunity to receive a discretionary bonus based on performance. We offer medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, dependent care reimbursement, pet sitting reimbursement when traveling for work, flexible spending account, and health savings account. We offer generous paid time off up to 9 hours per month for full time employees, nine paid holidays annually, auto insurance discount, and legal and identity theft coverage. For added well-being support, we offer Pawternity Leave for employees to have time to care for their personal pets, mental health support, and an employee assistance program. We also offer a generous 401k savings plan. Do you want to love where you work and make history and end the killing of shelter pets by 2025? Look no further and apply today!