You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: The Manager, Healthcare Analytics drives the execution of analytics strategy through the discovery, development, and implementation of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions. The manager aligns talent and resources to support enterprise and health plan needs by leveraging data to achieve strategic objectives and improve business performance
- Lead the planning and execution of enterprise-wide analytics projects and strategic initiatives, translating business goals into actionable solutions
- Manage development efforts as a liaison with business and technical partners, including managing stakeholder expectations, requirements gathering, testing, deployment, and user adoption
- Prioritize team workload, manage customer expectations and relationships, and maintain alignment of deliverables with business needs and strategic objectives
- Support customer engagement and satisfaction by maintaining effective communication and transparency of work and deliverables with core stakeholders
- Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners
- Independently engage with business leaders to understand market-specific levers and constraints
- Leverage enterprise reporting tools to rapidly deliver data-driven insights and recommendations
- Facilitate cross-team project collaboration between state-based health plans and business units, including IT, Finance, Network Development, Clinical Operations and Payment Integrity
- Mentor, manage, and ensure the continuous development of a team of analysts
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred. 4+ years of experience in healthcare analytics, large databases, data verification, data management, table creation and indexing, query optimization, utilization of stored procedures, developing complex queries using SQL or other coding languages, and lead or management experience. Project management experience preferred. Working knowledge of SQL/querying languages. Experience with table creation and indexing, query optimization, and utilization of stored procedures. Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred. Experience in change management processes and procedures preferred. Preferred knowledge of modern business intelligence and visualization tools including Microsoft PowerBI. Demonstrated ability mentoring and training of junior analysts in a supervisory or other informal leadership role preferred
Finance: Experience working closely with accounting & finance business partners, using analytic techniques & tools to explore financial performance trends, or regulatory reporting with external agencies preferred; Familiarity with claims data, utilization, rate setting, risk adjustment, or member eligibility and reconciliation preferred
Tools & Technology: Experience with report/dashboard development, data/report automation, self-service capabilities, data design and integration, or data quality and governance preferredPay Range: $101,500.00 – $187,800.00 per year
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual’s skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.