Wayfair is looking for a creative, driven, entrepreneurial design sales manager to help build one of our newest consumer-facing sales teams. This role will be responsible for growing and leading our team of virtual design sales consultants who work with customers to create a home they love based on their individual budget, style and space.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, develop and motivate your team of virtual design sales consultants to meet or exceed sales, customer satisfaction and revenue targets
- Guide your team with your knowledge of interior design process (including reviewing moodboards, guiding designers on customizations, communicating with suppliers, closing the sale, etc)
- Take ownership over execution and enhancements of design team structure, processes, and tooling required for designers to succeed
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution
- Makes recommendations and/or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- Works closely with Talent Management and senior leadership to address and resolve employee issues
- Reviews time off requests as appropriate to match staffing level requirements
- Establish new workflows, trial new software / tools, build scalable processes and tests from scratch
- Build strong relationships with our supplier and cross functional partners
- Partner with Design Services business and strategy team to manage team effectiveness and quality, customer satisfaction, sales volume, relationships
- Exemplify a positive and professional attitude on a daily basis with customers and your team members
- Engage in a high energy, focused and dynamic work environment where there can be rapid changes in products, promotions, offerings and operations
- Plan and execute team engagement activities, sales contests, and continuous education classes.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Interior Design or related field)
- 3+ years of sales experience (preferably in a design-related environment)
- 2+ years prior management experience
- Experience with Salesforce preferred, familiarity with Design tools (AutoCad / Revit / other)
- Experience with managing and motivating a virtual distributed team (preferred)
- Passion for great customer service and a drive to exceed sales targets
- Strong organization, self-motivation, communication and relationship management skills
- Track record of thriving in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated use of technology to drive business results, ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Ability to maintain internet speeds of 25Mbps+ (download) and 5+ (upload) to support voice traffic and HTTPS web traffic using a hardwire ethernet internet connection (no WiFi)
- Dedicated private workspace (Wayfair provides all necessary computer equipment)
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications and technical acumen to learn new business systems
The salary range for this position is $58,500-$68,500 however, base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.