At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
As a Manager of Customer Education you will lead one of our Customer Education teams and be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and leading a team of new and established Education Specialists in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You will work closely with the other Managers and the Director of Customer Education & Community to help build a highly successful team that is able to propel Klaviyo’s business goal to create a delightful, frictionless customer experience at scale. As part of our customer-focused, results-driven organization, you will be responsible for creating educational experiences that drive increased customer retention and create Klaviyo advocates.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Build the content strategy for progressive learning paths to help our customers succeed using Klaviyo.
- Drive the performance of our content and resources on Klaviyo Academy and Partner Academy to ensure a seamless learning experience focused on driving business outcomes for our customers.
- Work collaboratively to identify education opportunities and create solutions that support diverse and global learning audiences,
- Oversee the development and expand upon our existing credentials program.
- Initially manage a team of 4-6 direct reports
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new team members.
- Serve as a coach and a leader, helping to develop the skills of your individual contributors so they are able to achieve their career goals.
- Support and advise team members in their day-to-day responsibilities, including driving customer outcomes through effective customer training content.
- Manage day-to-day operations, data analysis, goal setting, career development, performance management, and process improvement.
- Be a leader in the company, with an excellent attitude that inspires others to do their best work.
- Proactively (and collaboratively) remove roadblocks getting in the way of others.
- Assess customer sentiment for your team, discovering trends to improve or capitalize on to improve customer outcomes.
- Oversee the creation of our content calendar and delegate projects and responsibilities
Who You Are
- 2+ years managing at least 4 team members or team leads, ideally in Customer Education or Marketing for a high growth SaaS company
- Passionate about creating world class training content and experience building customer education programs.
- Experience in instructional design principles and creating content that is both engaging and effective.
- A track record working creatively, problem-solving, and collaborating with Support, Product, and Marketing to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in marketing or advising customers on marketing strategy. SaaS MarTech experience is a plus.
- Experience using UX and design to solve for the customer experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining an information architecture.
- Responsible for measuring efficacy of team output related to customer success outcomes.