Employer: Aspect Software
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
Oversees the technical support of company customers by field Engineers, technicians, and support specialists, who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing one or more of the following: complex electro/mechanical equipment, sophisticated computer systems, software systems/applications, or networking and wireless networking systems. Supervises Engineers that respond to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in non-functioning equipment systems or software. Establishes and maintains lines of communication with design Engineering and software development on design, reliability and maintenance issues. Ensures that Engineers are current with the latest upgrades and/or new releases. May be involved in customer installation and training programs. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Provides Engineering support to customers, customer support personnel and field support staff on systems and product issues. Works with customer and company personnel to define technical problem, determine the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix. Provides technical feedback to Engineering concerning product changes/enhancements. May be called on-site to assist in complex technical solutions requiring changes to core functionality, code, and systems operation. Creates tests, tools, and diagnostic procedures for use by product support personnel. May quality check technical product documentation. Incumbents typically have a university education in an Engineering specialty.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership to inspire others to achieve high performance resulting in driving business results
- Recognize and remove interference to raise the capacity for high performance
- Engage, coach and assist with development guidance to achieve individual growth among the team and business results
- Develops direct customer relationships and trust building long term Aspect partnership/reference accounts
- Responsibility for people management and business results.
- Participates in setting of business objectives.
- May manage first level managers.
- Sets business objectives for area of responsibility. Develops and manages budgets, people, and performance goals for unit.
- Ability to communicate complex information internally and externally.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills. Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Exercises judgement to achieve business results.
- Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors.
- Exercises judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- 5 + years managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time.