The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin Insurance continues to grow; as we expand into territories we haven’t been before, we are looking for an experienced Licensed Sales Manager to help continue to build and lead our sales teams. Our Sales Managers play a key role in the growth and success of Kin.
As a Sales Manager, you will help to hire, develop, and manage out front-line Sales Agents through strategic mentoring to guide them toward achieving sales targets and goals. Because we are a cross-functional organization, you will partner with other departments to ensure your team has the tools they need to be successful. As we change the way our customers purchase insurance and interact with their agents, we value your point of view and expertise on areas of improvement that we can bring to our teams.
A day in the life could include:
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans to achieve company goals and exceed daily, weekly, and monthly quotas.
- Thoughtfully coaching, empowering, and engaging 12-14 diverse Kin Sales Agents
- Meeting/exceeding target performance plan and objective standards for our agents
- Providing data reporting, analysis, and tracking of team sales performance and individual Agent performance
- Establishing productive and professional relationships with key personnel in other departments
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive product development and enhancements
- Developing and implementing new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to help drive production
- Assisting in recruiting, onboarding, and training of new Sales Agents
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years of sales experience with 2+ years of managing Sales Agents
- You possess a Property and Casualty (P&C) or Personal Lines (PL) license
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals and performance metrics
- Mastery from the insurance sales process from beginning to end with ability to train and enhance internal processes
- Proficiency with sales software (CRM), reporting tools, and using data to help drive decisions
- Dedication to understanding agent and customer needs and delivering tailored solutions that focus on both needs
- Your flexibility allows you to work one Saturday shift every 8 weeks (8 a.m.-3 p.m. CST)
- You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment by maintaining a genuine positive and collaborative attitude
- Call/Contact Center experience
- Bilingual ability (Spanish preferred)
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.