The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin Insurance is seeking Licensed Sales Agents to join our growing Operations Team! As a Sales Agent, you will play a crucial role in driving the growth of our business by connecting with homeowners and promoting our insurance products.
In this role, you have the opportunity to connect with individuals to provide important consultation for not only their home insurance needs but also other products such as auto and flood insurance. Best of all, this role requires no cold calling; you will receive qualified leads that are brought in from our Marketing team. You will help to develop the best policies to protect the insured’s home alongside building customized quotes to ensure they receive the best service possible.
A day in the life could include:
- Connecting with customers via calling, email, and text; actively engaging with potential customers to understand their insurance needs and present suitable solutions
- Effectively communicating the unique features and benefits of Kin products to potential customers, addressing any inquiries or concerns they may have
- Working primarily with leads provided by the company to maximize your sales potential and conversion rate.
- Consistently following up with your prospects utilizing phone, text, and email to stay in contact and drive toward the sale
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets on a regular basis by employing persuasive sales techniques and actively seeking new business opportunities
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including underwriters and customer service representatives, to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of customer interactions and sales activities using our CRM system.
- Building custom policies for each customer using internal tools and systems
- Educating customers on the finer points of home insurance to ensure their best understanding
- Staying updated on industry trends, product knowledge, and competitor offerings to effectively position Kin
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- An active Property & Casualty license
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and effectively engage with diverse audiences
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills, with a natural ability to close deals
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a demonstrated commitment to achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to meet and exceed sales targets on a regular basis by employing persuasive sales techniques and actively seeking new business opportunities
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other tools/softwares
Your flexibility allows you to work one weekend shift every 4-6 weeks and to work either of the following shifts: 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm (CST)
Shift times will be assigned based on need.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 16 days of PTO, plus federal holidays and two floating holidays
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.