At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Leave and Disability Customer Care Center Manager
You are a successful, results-oriented leader who is experienced in leading a team of at least 15 Customer Care Professionals. You have a passion for leading teams that provide subject matter expertise on leave and disability benefits, providing exceptional customer service to employees and managers employed by the client. You love the challenge of leading a busy Customer Service Team that supports people who are making major life decisions. You appreciate working with a committed group of colleagues and leaders who are kind and care about one another as well as the health and well-being of our customers and employees. Above all, you’re looking for a career where you can use your talents and hard work to deliver service that really matters — to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Lead a virtual team (across multiple locations), defining roles and responsibilities and establishing direct accountabilities to achieve business goals Focus on building talent and people capability to enable a high-performance culture
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on Leave of Absence programs at Reed Group and support the team with expert knowledge of client specific details
- Act as a liaison between the Customer Care Professionals and Case Managers, and escalate cases to the Clinical Team when appropriate
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to your team, with goal to create and maintain a positive, healthy work environment
- Manage and oversee workload and scheduling, ensuring demand and capacity needs as well as performance expectations are met
- Focus on the development of staff by working collaboratively with them to develop stretch goals, creating opportunities for them to expand their horizons, and performing side by side listening/shadowing to identify team strengths as well as opportunities for improvement
- Ensure legal compliance and confidentiality, provide timely notifications to employees and client company, review documentation for approvals and denials, respond to periodic audits
- Assists the Customer Care team in identifying potentially fraudulent cases
- Partner with Team Leaders from the Claim and Service organization to provide strategic and operational guidance to improve the customer experience
- Analyze trends in call volume to identify self-service or offshore opportunities to drive business efficiencies, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Monitor team for productivity and quality client service; respond to client and internal inquiries, according to established standards with attention to style, tone, and manner of communication
- Provide ongoing client support with the use of diagnostic skills to identify root cause of client issues, develop solutions and recommend appropriate action to prevent recurrence of problem
- Build strong client relationships and provide quality service in an effort to retain client base
- Manage to the established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and ensure Performance Guarantees are met
- An Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Customer Care leadership / supervisory experience and the ability to prioritize and assign work in high volume call center
- A demonstrated successful work history in customer service, insurance, or related field
- Knowledge of Disability Management, FMLA, and Workers Compensation is a plus; background in disability insurance or health care is also favorable
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- The proven ability to manage both day to day execution and projects to achieve results of business goals and special assignments
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills both written and verbal
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Advanced level computer skills using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to lead/manage teams through change
- Effectively navigate organizational complexity, understanding the interdependencies and priorities
- High degree of intellectual agility to handle complex business and technical issues
- Superior critical thinking skills with a proven analytical business acumen
- Exceptional leader of people who can mentor and build capabilities within teams
- Demonstrated talent management recruiting and retention strategies
- Technology proficiency: demonstrates a solid understanding of leveraging technology, tools and data to drive innovation, operational improvements and customer experience
For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high-speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 200 Mbps/50Mbps and (2) that the equipment supplied by your Internet provider is hardwired to your company issued computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Pay Transparency Statement: Alight takes into consideration a candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data, internal equity, and geography when determining an offer for a successful employment candidate, and Alight does so on an individualized, non-discriminatory basis. Therefore, an offer may fall anywhere between the estimated minimum base salary for this role of $62,000.00/year (for full time employees) and the estimated maximum base salary for this role of $115,000.00/year (for full time employees). In addition to a base salary, this position may be eligible for a bonus and/or other incentive plans. Alight also offers a comprehensive benefits package.