Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10 am to 7pm Central Time
The BMO Investment Services (BIS) Investment Service Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide our clients a superior customer service experience. Being the first point of client contact, the BIS Investment Service Specialist core mandate is to assist our clients with questions related to their accounts. Inquiries or instructions around customer service will range from assisting with password resets, qualified (registered) account opening and maintenance, provide account balances and details regarding client accounts, money movements, account transfers, provide quotes, handle fixed income and market linked certificates of deposit investment inquiries, purchases and redemptions, as well as general navigation of Wealth websites. The BMO Investment Services, Investment Service Specialist has the ultimate goal of building and solidifying customer loyalty.
This position also plays an integral role in uncovering opportunities to refer to BIS Financial Advisors and internal business partners within the bank.
70%: Service Oriented Client Support
-Service incoming phone calls and emails from clients in a professional manner within service level goals
-Demonstrate effective core competencies through each stage of a call by connecting with clients, asking open ended questions and listening to the needs of the client to uncover opportunities
-Provide comprehensive client service and account management to clients, including but not limited to the following key accountabilities:
- Execute trades on client account open request (e.g., the purchase of mutual funds or other brokerage products)
- Facilitate customer asset transfers into the bank and perform required account maintenance
- Provide general and specific information on accounts and products, transaction status, etc… upon request
- Respond to web navigation queries, assist online trade execution and provide basic technical assistance as required
- Account opening and account maintenance processing including working with clients to accurately and thoroughly complete appropriate required documentation
- Utilize client relationship management system to track activities and contacts
-Uncover referral opportunities to Financial Advisors and BMO Harris Bank colleagues as opportunities arise during the customer conversation and in keeping with client segmentation strategies
-Participate as required in outbound calling campaigns to grow the overall investment business
-Act as a secondary contact to service individual client requests when their assigned Financial Advisor is not available.
-Provide customized, comprehensive service to clients in the mass market segment
-Support service requests based on investment solutions from a product set (mutual funds, fixed income, certificates of deposit, managed asset allocation program, insurance products, fixed annuities, variable annuities and life insurance)
-Resolve any client issue or concern quickly and effectively to retain the relationship and build future opportunities for growth; all formal complaints must be immediately shared with the Manager and/or Compliance Officer
-Possess strong knowledge and act as resource on software including LPL’s ClientWorks, SalesForce, and Moneyguide-Pro
30%: Risk Management
-Maintain strong knowledge of target investment product and solutions, regulatory requirements, competitive trends to provide clients with credible service
-Perform all service activities in compliance with firm and regulatory requirements and policies to mitigate risk to BMO Investment Services Financial Advisors
-Adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Compliance Manual for BIS Financial Advisors
-Conduct business based on the rules and regulations of the various entities that regulate the banking and brokerage industry (e.g. NASD, SEC, Federal Reserve, Internal Audit)
-Maintain accurate client records as required by the firm, regulatory authorities and the nature of the client relationship
-Maintain accurate transaction records as required by the firm, regulatory authorities and consistent with the products sold to the client
-Utilize approved marketing literature to mitigate risks and exposure to BMO Investment Services
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis on finance or economics
- Minimum 2 – 3 years successful experience with a customer service focus
- in the financial planning, securities, or insurance industry
- SIE Exam, Series 7, 66, or 63 and 65, and health and life insurance licenses required within 6 months of employment
- Basic knowledge of a Financial Planning process
- Solid knowledge of markets and investment products
- Strong working knowledge of financial industry.
- Experience working with managed products and/or financial Planning services.
- High level of integrity (Clean U-4).
- Working service skills
- Working human relations, organizational and communication skills
- Working one-on-one and group presentation skills.
- Basic analytical skills
- Working problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to refer financial opportunities
- Financial & Retirement Planning knowledge
- PC skills and systems knowledge
Compensation and Benefits:
$44,000.00 – $63,000.00
The base salary represents BMO Financial Group’s hiring range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as location, skills, experience, and qualification for the role. Salaries for part-time roles will be pro-rated based on number of hours regularly worked.
Base salary is one component of BMO Financial Group’s total compensation package for employees, which may include performance-based incentives, commissions or discretionary bonuses, as well as other perks and rewards. BMO also offers health insurance, tuition reimbursement, accident and life insurance, and retirement savings plans. To view more details of our benefits, please visit: www.bmousbenefits.com.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is a leading bank driven by a single purpose: to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. Everywhere we do business, we’re focused on building, investing and transforming how we work to drive performance and continue growing the good.
Who we are
We’re proud to be fueling growth and expanding possibilities for individuals, families and businesses. More than 12 million customers count on us for personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment services. As the 8th largest bank in North America by assets, we provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment services to more than 12 million customers. In Canada, the United States and across the globe, we’ll continue to build, invest and transform to drive performance that serves the good that grows.