- Build rapport and maintain positive relationships with both potential and existing customers, both internal and external, understanding their individual needs, personalizing a solution of value, and creating a memorable customer experience.
- Respond to benefit questions (Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, Supplemental Life products, Safe Haven) and billing/administrative questions adhering to established compliance and performance processes.
- Utilize active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and clearly understand a specific request or customer need, and then leverage knowledge and resources to provide the appropriate solutions.
- Take ownership to ensure that we go above and beyond to service each caller’s needs, utilizing every touch point as an opportunity to build value and The Hartford brand.
Prefer candidates in the Mountain, Pacific, Central and East time zones.
- PST Applicants 7:00 am – 3:30 pm PST Monday – Friday
- MST Applicants 8:00 am – 4:30 pm MST Monday – Friday
- CST Applicants 9:00 am – 5:30 pm CST Monday – Friday
- EST Applicants 10:00 am – 6:30 pm EST Monday – Friday
Post Training Schedule:
- Will be assigned a schedule, approximately 2 weeks before graduating training, anytime between the hours of 8am-8pm EST.
100% remote from home positions require the following:
- Internet: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer.
- A demonstrated background in customer service, insurance, retail, sales or a related field
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, navigate multiple programs and effectively use on-line resources to complete customers’ requests
- Excellent communication skills to develop and enhance strong impactful customer relationships: Written: spelling/grammar, clear, concise and cohesive messaging. Verbal: tone, active listening, proper etiquette, convey sincerity and confidence.
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on delivering high customer value
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is preferred but not required
- The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market.
- Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role.
- The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition.
- The annualized base pay range for this role is: $31,680 – $47,520
- Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own.