Employer: Virginia Tech
The Grants Specialist is responsible for day-to-day coordination of the administrative aspects of proposal development. The Grants Specialist will provide hands-on support throughout the proposal lifecycle, to include supporting meetings, performing desktop publishing functions, assisting with budget template creation and edits, monitoring proposal tracking, performing regular upkeep of proposal portals and files, and coordinating the process for filling out required forms and obtaining authorized signatures.
The Grants Specialist will also assist with pre-award activities related to VTTI contracts and sponsored projects, such as file/folder maintenance, assist in drafting agreements (under supervision of the Contracts Manager), researching history with sponsors, coordinating with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Contracts, and work within Summit, Summit Agreements, and Agreements Tracking. The Grants Coordinator will join VTTI’s Proposal Team and will report to the VTTI Proposal Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience working in a professional environment
- Ability and comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent, interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Able to identify and address high-priority tasks
- High level of proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience within a research or academic environment
- Proficient in the use of SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Desktop publishing skills strongly
- High level of attention to detail
- An understanding of the research process, and/or familiarity with government contracting
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (at times, may include some evening and/or weekend hours)
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Pay Band 4
Appointment Type Restricted
Salary Information Commensurate with Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto,Â Ut ProsimÂ (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.