Employer: Precious Project Inc.
The mission of Precious Project is to provide high-quality education and care to orphaned and vulnerable children in rural Tanzania. We partner with the local community to provide a primary school, children’s home, organic farm, and agricultural practices all grounded in sustainable environmental principles. Precious Project also supports women’s empowerment groups that foster economic self-sufficiency. Precious Project is entering a new phase in its growth with the opening of a newly constructed secondary school in January 2022.
Precious Project is a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that functions as a grantmaker to a registered NGO in Tanzania.
Precious Project is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Grant Writer with a track record of success to identify, prepare, and submit grant proposals to government agencies, corporations, and philanthropic foundations to secure funding for the organization. The Grant Writer will maintain existing and identify new funding opportunities, develop, and organize the yearly calendar and generate grant progress reports. Operating under the oversight of the Director of Development, the Grant Writer will create a plan, submit grant applications and gain approval for grants that will achieve these goals.
The Grant Writer will assist in the planning and implementation of a multi-year, comprehensive fundraising effort to significantly increase philanthropic revenues from corporations and foundations to support the Precious Project mission and vision.
- Responsible for the management of all grants within the organization.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents for federal and state government grants, public/private foundation funders, and other sources when applicable.
- Create a concise system for tracking grant submission and reporting timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Write and submit all grant report requirements as requested.
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Board of Directors to develop an annual grants strategy.
- Create and maintain a grant calendar highlighting deadlines and reporting dates.
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Prepare quarterly grant reports for the Board of Directors.
- Track grant-related activity by entering interactions and strategies into our database.
- Assists the team externally with significant foundation funders and foundation prospects on phone calls and meetings. Participates in these meetings, and other cultivation and solicitation activity.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and leading strategy meetings.
- Actively researches new funding opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Operations to compile financials and draft the budget narratives.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Operations on grant-related budgets and budget narratives to align fundraising efforts with financial progress and operating budgets.
- Collaborate with staff and Board of Directors to maintain cloud-based project management tools, to ensure organizational workflow efficiency.
- Attend a bi-weekly Zoom meeting with the Director of Development to discuss grant research progress, new grant opportunities, and communication initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate levels of communications to accomplish objectives.
- Other duties as assigned in keeping with our mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, international development, public relations, non-profit management, or communications is preferred.
- Excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, editing, and professional email communication.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in professional grant writing is preferred, to ensure the level of experience and commitment we are looking for and expect.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, as well as Internet search tools.
- Previous experience and track record in research and/or grant writing.
- Passionate commitment to poverty alleviation in the developing world.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, with a strong ability to articulate programs to individuals, as well as small and large groups.
- Experience in working collaboratively with other staff and the board of directors to build and maximize a small non-profit organization.
- Willingness to be flexible, take project direction, and complete assignments ahead of the deadline.
- Outstanding work ethic, flexibility, and sense of humor.
- Curiosity and demonstrated sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently from home using cloud-based technology
- Experience with the Network For Good donor management system, MailChimp, and Dropbox a plus.
- Part-time – 20 hours a week
- Salary negotiable based on experience. $25-$30 hr.
- 100 % Remote
- Travel Required: None
- Physical requirements: None
- Hazards or weather exposure: None
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Precious Project Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, or religious belief.