BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenges the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond. We’re seeking a Game Designer to join our team in developing a BRAND NEW consumer product that will shake up the world of after-school learning. This newly created position will report to the Senior Director of Consumer Product.
As the Game Designer, you will be primarily responsible for working collaboratively to create fun and educational interactive digital games and other content for kids aged 7-10. You will be working with product managers, learning designers, content creators, developers, and artists to create delightful digital experiences that engage, entertain and educate kids. You will be responsible for game design documentation, developing prototypes, and organizing in-game assets, and will be involved in user testing from concept to launch and beyond.
A Day in the Life:
- Draft game design documents for new experiences centered around specific learning goals or super sticky game mechanics
- Support in the prototyping of all experience through multiple methods (paper prototyping, proto.io, or other methods)
- Collaborate with the BrainPOP X team, including product and content, in developing game mechanics that extend and support learning and/or narrative experiences.
- Collaborate with the team to identify all sound effects, dialogue and music assets required for the game experiences and work with internal or external partners to acquire said assets.
- Ensure the management and application of all creative assets follows company best practices
- Participate in kid testing sessions working with UX researchers
You Are:Technology Used by Successful Businesses
- An experienced game designer, with a minimum of one year of experience in the games/apps/interactive space
- Familiar with the kids’ / learning games space.
- Experienced in working within the constraints of pedagogy and digital production processes
- A prototyper who can work with UX research to design prototypes that answer important questions and gather feedback and learnings
- A great communicator
- A collaborative teammate who can effectively work with team members in order to understand tasks, manage expectations, provide creative input and technical troubleshooting throughout the process.
- Able to break down complex systems and understand how their interconnected parts combine and behave
On Your Resume:
- Minimum 1-year experience in the games/apps/interactive space
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employeesâ€”in and out of the office.Technology Used by Successful Businesses
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching, and always-learning community.
BrainPOP is a hybrid work environment, allowing employees to self-select where they workâ€“whether fully remote in approved states or in-office.