Employer: Minute Media
FanSided, one of the fastest-growing digital content networks, is looking for an entertainment staff writer to join the team.
We believe that culture is our core, and we foster an environment that encourages creativity, teamwork, and openness. We are a group of passionate, hardworking, and talented individuals who love to work collaboratively and get sh*t done. If this sounds like you, read on….
What You’ll Do:
As a Part-Time Staff Writer, you’ll work 29 hours a week and report directly to the Entertainment and Lifestyle Director. You’ll be responsible for contributing a variety of content across our TV and movie site, Hidden Remote. You will follow a content strategy, identify and execute real-time coverage based on breaking news, create SEO content, and occasionally create longer features, slideshows, and opinion pieces.
You will be working closely with the Entertainment and Lifestyle Director, the Head of Content and the Hidden Remote Editor to receive assignments. The opportunity to pitch stories is also an option. Content for other sites you’re not currently assigned to must be approved by the Entertainment and Lifestyle Director.
- Collaborate with the Entertainment and Lifestyle Director, Head of Content and the Hidden Remote Editor on content strategies and implementation of those strategies
- Write about 5-10 stories a day on Hidden Remote, taking into consideration the occasional longform content will take longer and meetings might come up
- Implement SEO strategy and FanSided best practices using provided resources and SEO templates
- Assist with the execution of Entertainment Division special events, tentpole content and podcasts, as needed
- Prioritize growing Hidden Remote during your working hours. Any work that is not related or approved as part of your responsibilities needs to be done outside of working hours
- Be a strong team player by coming to team meetings with a positive attitude and celebrating team wins while providing insightful updates
- Attend virtual meetings and communicate with your direct manager over Gmail and Slack on a consistent basis
What You Have:
- At least 2 years of entertainment and digital writing experience
- A strong passion for entertainment and the ability to keep up with the latest entertainment news across different topics
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following topics: Netflix, general fantasy/sci-fi, Star Wars, general TV, The Bachelor, or celebrity culture (Kardashians, etc.)
- The ability to follow directions, a specific content strategy, and assignments
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be a team player
- Communication skills as this is a remote position
Minute Media, is a leading media and technology brand focused on two main pillarsplatform and content. Minute Media’s platform serves as the company’s foundation, powering its content as well as enabling the evolution of other market-leading digital media brands. To date, Minute Media’s owned and operated destinations include The Players’ Tribune, 90min, DBLTAP, Mental Floss, The Big Lead and FanSided.
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Feel like you’re a good fit for the role? Apply here for consideration. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge- we want you to apply!
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing company
- Career development opportunities & workshops
- Collaborative team environment & fun company events!
- 100% remote schedule