World renowned university hiring for an Enrollment Specialist. Check out the description below for the qualifications on this position from the John Hopkins University website.
Enrollment Specialist (Seasonal)
The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth is a nonprofit dedicated to identifying and developing the talents of academically advanced K-12 students around the world. We provide todayâ€™s brightest students with fun, challenging courses; a community of engaged learners; and a strong foundation for future success in college and their careers. Want to join our team? Weâ€™re looking for mission-driven problem-solvers who can thrive in CTYâ€™s diverse, collaborative, fast-paced, and results-driven work environment. We value innovation, creativity, integrity, and a shared commitment to the bright young people we serve.
The Enrollment Specialist supports the Registration, Financial Aid and Student Services functions for students and their families throughout the entire enrollment process for all of CTYâ€™s Academic and Online Programs. This position develops, generates and maintains student data, reports and metrics in the student information system of record. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service through effective communications for parent relations. As a functional lead for registration and or financial aid, the enrollment specialist must understand CTYâ€™s mission, student/parent population and life cycle for enrollment.
NOTE: This position is temporary in duration.
NOTE: Multiple positions are available.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for benefits.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Coordinates all registration functions such as: new and returning student registration, add/drop, enrollment certifications, cancellations for non-payment, reinstatements and withdrawals
- Coordinates all financial aid applications and ensures applications are complete and not missing any information necessary for the award process
- Process related student services to include travel arrangements, special on-site accommodations and related student services
- Assists in processing all registration and financial aid functions
- Maintains student records in the student information system including data entry and batch processing of applications
- Prepares requests for student academic records, including certificates, student course evaluations, and official academic records
- Coordinates student travel arrangements with parents and JHU travel
- Communicates with parents as necessary to request outstanding information or for other related enrollment initiatives via email
- Provides customer service to assist parents/guardians with all phases of the enrollment process
- Delivers efficient and high quality service
- Resolves problems in a timely manner and escalates as necessary
- Provides substantive reports, quality control and data analysis
- Provides timely turnaround to requests for information
- Works closely with IT, Summer and On Line Academic programs and Recruitment.
- Serves as a primary tester for enhancements to database systems.
- Supports the Director of Enrollment Services and Registration and Financial Aid in developing/documenting policies and procedures as well as training materials.
- Assists with the training of new employees as needed
- Keeps abreast and follows all applicable state, federal and international guidelines applicable to the privacy and data security of student academic records
- Performs work in assigned functional area as necessary for work volume for registration, financial aid and student services.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Four yearsâ€™ administrative/academic related experience
- Experience in registration, financial aid or student records preferred
Required Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Proficient with SharePoint and effective use of advanced software applications
- Outstanding customer service skills including effective listening
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with staff, parents and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity of federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to student privacy.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize workload
- Adaptable to changes in technology
- Ability to analyze and collaborate on innovative solutions and the implementation of solutions.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CampDocs
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
Physical Requirements for the Job:
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- The incumbent will be required to communicate regularly via telephone and face to face with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate and timely information in these settings
- Position also requires a degree of mobility common to working in an office environment; bending, kneeling or standing during events and presentations may be required.
- Frequent communication with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations verbally and in writing.
- Occasional movement about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, various workstations, etc. including movement from floor to floor using elevators and stairs.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and printer. Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse pad and other office machinery.
Machines and equipment used on the job:
- Personal PC: 100%
- NOTE: This position is temporary in duration.
- NOTE: Multiple positions are available
- Applicants must be authorized to work and based in the US, or another jurisdiction in which JHU has an authorized business entity.
- The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
- All employees participating in or serving children in University programs must participate in mandatory Child Abuse Prevention online training on the appropriate conduct around children, protecting children from abuse and neglect, and reporting of known or suspected child abuse and neglect.
Classified Title: Registration Coordinator
Working Title: Enrollment Specialist (Seasonal) â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $17.50 – $24.00 per hour
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department name: 10000100-Registration
Personnel area: Academic Centers
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza (“the flu”) season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.