ScanStat is looking for a temporary remote data specialist. If you have experience in health information systems this maybe the position for you. Please read below for the requirements for this position.
Overview of Position
Do you enjoy a challenge? Does helping to fill the increasing need in healthcare for data management sound exciting? You’ll fit right in with our Health Information Management division! As a Data Specialist, you’ll be working as part of the Professional Services team that handles various unique client services. This position will be focusing on the successful completion of one project and could extend to future projects as clients request. A flexible, adaptable, team-oriented attitude is a must. This position requires a high level of accuracy and efficiency. High attention to detail is critical to maintain the integrity of our services – so if you love to follow a logical process with precision, and thrive when presented with a challenge, this could be a perfect fit for you!
This is a remote position that allows you to work from the comfort of your own home office environment. Our virtual training will last up to 2-4 weeks and will be conducted during normal business hours.
This position reports directly to the Client Service Manager and daily work is coordinated through the Client Service Coordinator.
**This is a temporary assignment for approximately 60-90 days with potential to go longer. This position is not eligible for any company health benefits, 401K, PTO or paid holidays. You are paid for hours worked only.
In addition to demonstrating ScanSTAT Technologies values applicable to all positions, the Data Specialist is responsible for the following:
Duties and tasks
- Navigating within the client EHR and completing assigned tasks according to established
- Route documents appropriately when needed for review
- Proficiency and/or the ability to quickly learn to work with different processes
- Assess volume of the project and handle appropriately with minimal oversight
- Understand and efficiently perform workflow protocols according to established client guidelines
- Track and log time accurately and honestly
- Check audit log and communicate with auditors and supervisors
- Attend weekly conference calls, training sessions, and other meetings as needed
- Stay abreast of assigned client workflow documents and modify daily work as indicated
- Complete all assignments daily for the project, understanding the daily need can vary
- Strive to reach weekly team goals
- Strictly adhere to company compliance standards and attend all required trainings
- Understands that this role requires specific responsibilities for protecting sensitive data
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Skills & Education:
- Minimum of a HS Diploma; AS or BS in a related discipline preferred
- 1-5 years of medical records support experience or a suitable combination of education and relevant experience
- Must have a high attention to detail
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Experienced in one or more EHRs, nice to have
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This job is a remote clerical position and requires familiarity with standard office equipment such as computers and phones. You must have a designated space, strong internet and computer to complete this role. Because you will be handling confidential client information, you must work from your home office. You cannot work in a public location (like a coffee shop or the library). In some instances, computer equipment will be supplied by the Company.
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company.
Position: Data Specialist (TEMP)
Department: Professional Services
FLSA Status: Hourly / Non-exempt
Schedule: M-F from 8-5 with some flexibility – 20-40 hrs per week
Pay: $15 hr