Employer: Applied Systems
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Data Specialist to join our Activation Services team and help us provide data migration subject matter expertise and overall conversion quality. In this role, you will work as a member of our customer engagement teams and will lead and/or complete all activities related to each of the data consulting events associated to assigned projects. As our Data Conversion Specialist, you will work with the internal project team, as well as with clients directly, to assure successful transition of the client’s current state data to Applied Epic.
What You Will Do
- Act as main point of contact/collaboration between the data services execution team and the client project team
- Create and/or maintain all data filter checklists for each source system included in the client’s project
- Actively participate and/or lead calls with project team members with respect to project conversion events
- Work closely with the Product Consultant and Client to ensure “pre-entry” configuration within Epic coordinates and supports requirements for each data sample and final conversion
- Work proactively with Applied Data Services and Project team to ensure on-time delivery of all data conversion project events
- Take ownership of the data issues grid – actively lead and/or participate in each data review session, ensuring understanding by the client on how to conduct data review, complete the data issues grid, properly prioritize issues, as well as how to update, retest and close out data issues
- Review data samples to assure quality delivery from Applied to Client
- Utilize reports to review data within Epic to identify and communicate opportunities for “data clean-up” either pre or post conversion
- Develop and/or adhere to consistent processes, methodologies, tools, and deliverables for the completion of the client project
- Attend regularly scheduled client and internal project status meetings and/or provide timely project status updates to internal and external project stakeholders
What You Will Need to Be Successful
- Remote Opportunity: Ability to work 100% remotely, or from an Applied Systems office
- Must have:
- 5-7 years of experience in insurance operations and/or technology
- Experience working with projects that require a high attention to detail
- Desired skills (but not required):
- Hands-on experience with Applied Epic
- Experience working with data conversions, data analysis, or other completed data projects
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the areas of Insurance and/or Technology
- We proudly support and encourage people with military experience, as well as military spouses, to apply.
Challenge What’s Possible At Applied
For more than 35 years, Applied Systems has created innovative technology for the global insurance industry. Today, we are a rapidly growing cloud software leader that is revolutionizing the way insurance agencies and brokers succeed. We are smart and curious people in a tech-first environment that champions bold and powerful thinking. We are transforming a complex industry through digitization, automation, and innovative new partnerships. Together, we are driving the industry fearlessly forward.
Join us as we expand our global footprint and do work that’s never been done. It’s an exciting time at Applied. You can do big things here, in an environment that supports innovation, teamwork, and collaboration. We’re changing the world and you can too.
Join us on a revolutionary journey where you can discover:
- Benefits from Day One– Applied offers Health Insurance plans, Dental, Vision, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one. Additionally, Applied offers 401(k) and RRSP retirement savings plans, with employer match.
- Work-Life Balance– We offer benefits to help balance your work and home life. This includes; competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
- Empowering Career Growth & Success– We invest in talent, care about our people and are empowered by the results of our work. We grow our teams from within and give our employees opportunities to advance.
- Diversity Matters- Our focus on the workforce, workplace and marketplace gives us a qualified individual in an environment in which they can be productive while we maintain our position in the industry. To help drive that change toward a vibrant, modern workplace, we have employee-driven networks with commonalities in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and military status.
- Culture of Recognition– Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Applied All Stars and Circle of Excellence programs.
- Applied Cares Volunteer Opportunities– We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program.
- Google’s Investment in Applied– Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied to help us drive AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.