Data Entry Operator
POSTED: DEC 9, 2021
DEADLINE: JANUARY 14, 2022
Our people make Literacy Pittsburgh a welcoming and positive place to learn. We value a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees feel a sense of belonging. This commitment is reflected in the values that guide our day-to-day work. We believe that our students, our employees, and our organization thrive best when we embrace and welcome those with a variety of life experiences. We are committed to a hiring process that increases the diversity of our staff, and encourage people who represent the richness of our shared humanity to apply. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect a diversity of culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, past experience with poverty or homelessness, or prior contact with the juvenile, criminal justice, or child welfare systems.
Literacy Pittsburgh offers a flexible, collaborative environment with a commitment to best practices, innovation, and growth. We welcome creative and hard-working team players who share a passion for creating better lives through learning.
The data entry operator is a critical member of the Literacy Pittsburgh team, ensuring that student data is collected and entered accurately and on time. This position involves running and viewing reports from Salesforce and manually entering attendance hours on a weekly basis from Salesforce to eData (our web-based state database system.) The ideal candidate will be comfortable with database reporting and can perform data entry tasks for long stretches of time if needed. The position will also communicate with internal staff on timelines and updates and will rectify and correct errors.
Reports to: Manager of Data and Information
FLSA Status: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $30,000 – $34,000
- Manually enter data from one report to another database system for long stretches of time (at least 5-6 hours at a time.)
- Notify and work with internal agency staff to identify and correct errors.
- Proactively identify any potential system anomalies or potential errors and identify opportunities to solve problems.
- Meet firm data entry deadlines and proactively adapt to different timelines and deadlines as needed
- Use and handle confidential data in a manner consistent with agency policy
- Interpret and refer to Pennsylvania Department of Education data entry policy.
- Participate in required trainings
- All other duties as assigned by Manager of Data and Information
- 3+ years’ data entry experience or commensurate background/training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and at least one database program. Salesforce proficiency a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with student information
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Comfortable with accepting and applying constructive criticism
- Ability to mentally add/subtract/round numbers with two-digit decimal places at-a-glance
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Act 33/34 clearances
- Full-time; flexible hours
- Fully Remote
- Prolonged period sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Work requires talking, listening, seeing
How to Apply
Deadline: January 14, 2022