Employer: UnitedHealth Group
$1,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Who says house calls are a thing of the past? At UnitedHealth Group, we’re always looking for new ways to run our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here’s an opportunity with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of businesses that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader. Now’s your chance to make a real impact by being an integral part of our progressive house calls program. Join us as we go beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work an 8-hour shift between our normal business hours of 11:00 am to 7:30 pm CST or 11:00am to 7:30 EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekend.
There are several steps in our hiring process – it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Call members to schedule in home visits with a Physician or a Nurse Practitioner
- Answer inbound calls from members and assist them with their inquiries
- Ensure that the appointments are scheduled accurately and resolve any scheduling issues or concern
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (create/edit/save/send documents, spreadsheets and correspondence)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Must be able to work an 8-hour shift between normal business hours between 7:00am to 7:30pm
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a customer retention focused role
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly into internet â€“ via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating through multiple screens
- Experience working in a metric-driven work environment
- Experience using an auto dialer system