Employer: VIPdesk Connect
VIPdesk Connect is a certified B-Corp, Women-Owned Corporation, and Best Workplace winner committed to team member happiness. We’ve worked purposefully to create a culture built on the simple idea of being more humanâ€”of being a better listener to our team members, more responsive to customers, and more empathetic to all.
The Remote Customer Service Representative is a solution-oriented customer care professional and part of a diverse and engaged team dedicated to the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. The Representative provides an authentic customer experience via phone, email, and chat, utilizing a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions.
The Customer Service Representative assists customers in a courteous and professional manner that supports and reinforces brand standards, always with a focus on providing best-in-class customer service.
This is a Seasonal position expected to run through May 2022.
What You’ll Do
- With the utmost professionalism, represent Herff Jones, a well-respected, leading provider of graduation and educational products and services for high schools, colleges, and universities.
- Using positive energy and a can-do spirit, assist customers via phone, email, and chat
- Answer questions about product information, order placement, order and delivery status, product returns, policies, as well as provide basic website navigation and troubleshooting assistance and escalated issues
- Take ownership of issues and follow through to solve problems while exercising sound judgment, focusing on achieving resolutions that exceed expectations
- Convey excitement, authenticity, and a deep appreciation for the mission and values of the brand
- Problem-Solvers â€“ Creative thinkers who look at all perspectives and find a wide range of options to resolve complex or sensitive issues while remaining calm and providing positive customer experiences.
- EmpatheticCommunicators â€“ How a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting yourself in another’s shoes, you understand the customer’s perspective and connect, human-to-human, with warmth and respect. Team members provide responsive, accurate, authentic, and above all, human interactions.
- Eager Learners â€“ We’re on a path of excellence and growth; that means change. Your quest to know more never ends.
- Lives our Valuesâ€“ Creative. Flexible. Positive Energy.
What We’re Looking For
- 1 year’ Customer Service experience, previous remote experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience in a fast-paced call environment a plus
- Desire to learn and grow in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to respond positively to change, embracing and using new learning to accomplish challenges
- Expertise in asking questions and guiding conversations to resolve customer requests
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Teams
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy
- Home-office environment, internet connection, USB headset, router, modem, webcam, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect remote office policies and maintenance requirements
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Able to successfully pass credit, criminal, and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulations
Our next training class is scheduled to begin February 11, 2022. New team members will attend training remotely via web cameras from secure, noise-free, distraction-free home offices.
Who We Are
At VIPdesk Connect, we believe brand loyalty is built with every customer interaction. Each experience is an opportunity to reinforce a customer’s love for a brand. And no matter how leading-edge our technology is, it will never replace the power of the one-to-one connection. It’s why we’ve built a culture that cares. It’s why our team knows how to connect with customers, human to human.
We believe in creating a supportive workplace where we listen to one another, where all feel comfortable sharing ideas, where we work together to achieve our goals and share in the celebration of our successes. We believe that positive energy leads to team member innovation, creativity, and above all, happiness.
VIPdesk Connect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.