At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
Why join this team:
Do you have superior problem-solving and organizational skills? Are you hyper-focused on details? Join our elite, project-driven Customer Service team as a Customer Service Entry Specialist! Working closely with Sales Operations, Fulfillment Operations, Accounting, and school district leaders, the Customer Service Entry Specialist ensures the accuracy of customer orders and related data. In return, we offer the opportunity for growth within the Customer Service function.
The impact you’ll have:
- Verify and audit orders from customers
- Assist sales reps and customers on all aspects of support for order placement
- Enter print, digital, and on-line service orders
- Work with team members to enter large, complex, multiple location orders
- Work in conjunction with the Sales Operations, Fulfillment Operations, and Accounting teams to collect information and complete processing of customer orders
- Identify issues and collaborate with multiple groups to bring issues to resolution
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 2-3 years of customer service working with both internal and external customers
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a top priority
- Ability to use professional judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer support skills including follow-up, professional presentation, and persuasive speaking
- Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with diverse internal and external stakeholders including superintendents, educators, district warehouse personnel, sales representatives, and trucking companies.
- Interpersonal skills along with proven adaptability and initiative
- Demonstrated telephone and business email etiquette with the ability actively listen and to communicate clearly, both written and verbally
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Basic Excel skills required
- Experience with Salesforce a plus!