At AHIMA, we come to work every day to help make healthcare better through the trusted use of health information – from the operating room to a smartwatch – no matter when or where it is accessed. We’re looking for a Customer Relations Representative who is passionate about building a culture of inspiration, bold thinking, and creativity that makes a difference.
What does this role do at AHIMA?
As a Customer Relations Representative, you will provide superior quality customer service to members, non-members, internal staff via various channels of communications – i.e., e-mail, web inquiries, contact logs, phone, and chat.
In this role, you will proactively educate/promote membership and all AHIMA products by upselling, cross selling, and explaining the features and benefits of our offerings, and efficiently research, assist, guide, resolve member, non-member concerns which includes timely follow-up with customers, and process refunds and cancellations.
Who is our ideal candidate?
You have excellent attention to detail, strong written, verbal, and organizational skills, and experience troubleshooting.
In addition, you have:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience in a call center environment that uses multiple external lines of communication (email, webchat, phone, and social media), and soft selling experience
- Association, membership, Health Information Management (HIM), LMS, and certification experience a plus
What you’ll get from AHIMA
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A mission-driven culture
- A collaborative and open environment where everyone’s ideas are appreciated and welcomed
- Great benefits, competitive compensation, and generous time-off policy
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is a global nonprofit, membership association for health professionals involved in the health information management needed to deliver quality health care to the public. We do this by providing education, certification, professional development, and advocacy. We have more than 60,000 members and credential more than 100,000 AHIMA health information professionals.
In our mission to empower people to impact health, our core values guide our business and our actions.
- We have integrity in our work and relationships. Our passion for doing the right thing and sharing knowledge and resources makes us trustworthy, credible, and accountable leaders.
- We act boldly with intention. We go after big ideas and big challenges with purpose because we recognize the influence and impact our work on people’s health, safety, and well-being.
- We are inclusive so that humans are at the center of everything we do. We see the whole person and respect the inherent dignity of every human. We make space for different voices and opinions to help us get the best results.