Wider Circle is looking for a remote, Community Engagement Specialist to join our circle and play a vital role in running Connect for Life, our groundbreaking program that connects neighbors for better health, empowering them to live longer, healthier lives while finding joy in one another’s company. The successful candidate will radiate confidence and empathy, establish trust with our members, and skillfully switch between group and one-on-one interactions. They will enthusiastically present Connect for Life content, artfully probing for existing knowledge and using those insights to steer discussions and engage members. If you are passionate about serving your community and enjoy making connections, then come join us in our movement to battle healthcare inequity.
- You will lead the Connect For Life program for our virtual groups, using Wider Circle developed curriculum to build trust, promote health, and encourage movement.
- You will plan, advertise, and host virtual events for members, fostering relationships with and between members to help encourage wellness outcomes.
- You will reach out to members to check in on them and encourage participation in Chapter events and other small and large group activities, ensuring members engage with us every month.
- You will record details of your interactions with members on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- You will identify members who are natural leaders and invite them to serve as Wider Circle Ambassadors who will help you connect with members and run events.
- You will connect with prospective members and develop individualized plans to enroll them in the Connect For Life program.
- You will serve as a liaison, connecting members to their health plans and each other.
- You will create partnerships with local community-based organizations to bring additional services to our members’ attention.
- You will coordinate and collaborate with other Engagement Specialists in your assigned territory to assist with membership activities.
- You will hold yourself accountable for achieving membership engagement and growth goals and monitor the success of your efforts by tracking attendance, feedback, and other metrics.
- You have a passion for helping people and serving others.
- You have relevant community outreach, teaching, facilitation, or volunteer experience; healthcare experience is a plus.
- You have experience teaching or moderating groups online and can drive critical, participant-led dialogs about learning materials in a respectful, astute, and accommodating manner
- You have a high school diploma or GED; bachelors or associates degree preferred
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, and are comfortable speaking one-on-one and to larger groups.
- You have an outgoing personality and unwavering, positive attitude, with the ability to comfortably engage with others via video conference or phone.
- You love building relationships and networking and have a knack for motivating and influencing different types of people.
- You are great at organizing, prioritizing, and following through on commitments. You thrive when everything is in the right place and you’ve checked all the tasks off your list.
- You have strong computer skills and the ability to navigate web-based and app-based systems.
- You are committed to a drug-free workplace and ready for pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
- Starting at $17-$20 per hour commensurate with experience
- Performance-based incentive bonuses
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Full and part-time hours available
- Flexible schedule
- This is a contract position