Employer: New Teacher Center – NTC
About the Organization:
New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to disrupting the predictability of educational inequities for systemically underserved students by accelerating educator effectiveness. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works with leaders at all levels of a system to center students’ needs to transform professional learning. In 2019-20, NTC developed the instructional leadership of over 8,000 instructional leaders to reach 25,000 teachers and impact the learning of 1.8M students in over 360 districts across 25 states. For more information, please visit: http://www.newteachercenter.org/ .
Job Summary: The Communications Operations Associate supports the development and maintenance of NTC’s communications as a central developer, manager, and outreach coordinator for content that drives an invested and collaborative knowledge-sharing community. The Associate is responsible for supporting multi-platform and channel priorities for communications and audience stewardship, to help engage NTC’s diverse stakeholder groups and to assist in development of informative communications content and products that affirm our organization as a leading educator empowerment and student equity nonprofit.
Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Communications Operations Associate will support a positive, proactive environment for communications to empower NTC’s most important stakeholders: staff, partners, supporters, and the professional learning community. The Associate will provide direct and dedicated capacity to reinforce NTC’s brand identity through core messages and supporting storytelling as a lever for learning and impact. This person will support strategies, systems, supports, and best practices to enable clear interactions across organizational functions. A champion for open communications, the Communications Operations Associate will create compelling content and leverage new and existing delivery vehicles to ensure a “one vision, one team” approach to fulfill NTC’s mission.
The Communications Operations Associate will work within the Communications and Marketing team and cross-functionally to support the design of knowledge-sharing initiatives and support the management and curation of content across communication channels, while being a key contributor in content production processes, especially design of select digital assets. This role will need a mix of informational, organizational, technical, and change management skills to co-create, implement, and continually enhance content communications and knowledge delivery. The Communications Operations Associate requires a customer service mindset, excellent project management, a thirst for data-driven strategies and solutions, a love of data and information architecture, a commitment to culture management to drive external efficacy, and a love of language and prose. The Communications Operations Associate will need to be equally comfortable working with people and systems. The ideal candidate is a clear and persuasive communicator with curiosity and a positive attitude.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
Social Media Strategy and Reporting:
- Develop, maintain, and execute a social media editorial strategy and posting schedule
- Coordinate and organize social media “contacts” for outreach campaigns and targeted discussions around NTCs work
- Grow and leverage NTC’s social media engagement across all stakeholder groups
Media Asset and Contact Management:
- Maintain inventory of marketing collateral, photos, promotional materials, and artwork
- Establish a system for monitoring and maintaining accurate records of assets
- Manage and organize photography archives
- Support the recruitment and management of photographers and artists, and coordinate field shoots
- Oversee marketing vendors to ensure quality production and delivery of communication products
Content Production, Project Management and Distribution:
- Assist with the development of compelling content using internal data and leveraging external trends to increase engagement with our existing audience and to expand our community
- Support the design and production of printed and digital collateral
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications and collaborating on strategy
- Provide communication support including writing and editing for all content, print and digital
- Ensure company-wide implementation of brand identity and style
- Assist in oversight of distribution channels, contacts and partnerships for outreach/educational content and campaigns
- Coordinate with staff and departments to ensure communications are aligned with organizational priorities and events
- Support preparation of electronic and print mailings for coordinated outreach campaigns
- Provide logistical, organizational and administrative support for communications projects, such as scheduling and coordination for video production, print and digital campaigns/products
Website and Email Communications:
- Maintain internal production updates to NTC’s website(s) including planning, content process and development, monitoring and metrics
- Ensure consistency of website content and strategy across digital assets
- Support production timelines and asset requirements to keep content fresh and timely in cooperation with Communications staff
- Define and implement SEO/SEM strategies to increase search engine rankings
- Draft, publish and distribute HTML eNewsletters
- Maintain contact distribution lists for email
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience as a content writer with project management and communications
- Experience with content management systems (i.e., WordPress, etc.), email management platforms, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Pardot, Slack, Qualtrics, Google Suite, Zoom, social media platforms (Hootsuite), and project management software (Asana, etc.) preferred
- Graphic design experience, including Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Experience in event planning, logistics, and facilitation
- Ability to prioritize and work on projects with overlapping timelines, and promptly respond to requests by a variety of stakeholders
ADA Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Limited physical effort required
- Hearing, repetitive hand motions, sitting, talking, typing
- Ability to travel 2-4 times per year for organizational events as needed.
Important notice to applicants: NTC has a mandatory COVID – 19 vaccination policy that requires all employees to attest to vaccination; medical or religious accommodation will be reviewed upon request in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.