Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today, Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
The primary role of a Reimbursement Services Collections Specialist is working in the accounts receivable operations for the AM&D Heart division and is responsible for resolving open balances with payers, providing possible solutions to payer issues and training support
You are responsible for
- Performing the function of Reimbursement Collections Representative with limited direct supervision
- Escalating payor issue trends for leadership consideration along with possible solutions
- Determining patient eligibility along with basic benefit verification (qualifying diagnoses, prior testing and authorization requirements)
- Assisting with resolve efforts for payers other than those assigned
- Supporting training of existing representatives and specialists with tasks related to the collections function
- Consistently follow internal processes as well as meet or exceed monthly quality and productivity standards
You are part of
Ambulatory Monitoring & Diagnostics (AM&D) is part of the Philips Connected Care business cluster. Philips BioTelemetry is part of the AM&D business and provides remote cardiac monitoring services for more than one million patients per year. Philips acquired BioTelemetry in early 2021. The combination of Philips and BioTelemetry results in a global leader in patient care management solutions for the hospital and the home, a leading U.S.-based provider of remote cardiac diagnostics and monitoring.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- At least six months of Reimbursement Services Collections Representative experience.
- Strong verbal communication with internal/external partners. Strong written communication via fax or email with internal/external partners.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, positive attitude, accountable, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, punctual, problem solver, takes initiative to complete assigned tasks, ability to multi-task
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.