Employer: UnitedHealth Group
This position is full – time (40 hours / week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00 am – 6:00 pm CST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 2 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 9:30 am – 6:00 pm Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre – employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us.
- Take inbound and outbound calls from members for complex medical issues
- Connect consumers to a nurse
- Must have accurate documentation
- Preparing cases for clinical cases for the clinical team to review in the back office
- Work within many applications to pull documents from different systems
- Ensuring that information is gathered accurately
- Check policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of taking 40+ calls in a high volume call center environment
- 1+ years of experience in health insurance or medical billing
- Experience working with key performance indicators (average handle time, call volume, etc)
- Pharmacy experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ years of experience working with ICD – 9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high – speed internet connection or leverage an existing high – speed internet service
- Ability to multi-task