You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best.Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale.Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 3-4 weeks of on-the-job training. The hours during training will be 8am to 5pm CST, Monday – Friday.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Determine if the consumers are eligible for a health program
- Connect consumers to a nurse
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years of experience working with ICD-9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience working within the healthcare industry
- Experience working with a PC and windows applications, with the ability to learn other sometimes complex systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving spreadsheets)
- Ability to work during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.