Employer: Supporting Strategies
About Supporting Strategies:
Our experienced, U.S.-based professionals use secure, cloud technology and a proven process to deliver outsourced, full cycle accounting services and operational support to growing businesses. Being a remote organization that allows you to work from home 100% of the time has been our mode since we opened our virtual doors in 2004. We provide our valued remote employees the process and technology that allows us to act as an extension of our clients’ teams, so they in turn can focus on their core business. Supporting Strategies has supported thousands of companies to free up their time and streamline their business by delivering a full suite of services including Controller-level oversight, financial planning & analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, month-end close, HR administration and more.
Supporting Strategies has over 100 offices throughout the U.S. and is continuing to grow rapidly! This momentum has created exceptional opportunities for professionals who enjoy working remotely, while being part of a collaborative team culture. Consider joining us for a rewarding career that offers compelling professional challenges with optimal work-life balance.
Job Title: Client Services Accountant (Part-Time – Remote)
Supporting Strategies is currently searching for a part-time Client Services Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for a client service oriented and tech savvy Accounting professional seeking a remote (work from home) position with a flexible work schedule.
The Client Services Accountant’s responsibilities are organized into areas that are important to Supporting Strategies as an organization. We have purposely chosen the word “delight” when defining these responsibilities because it captures our passion for these initiatives, and we hope you will share in our sentiment.
Client Delight – Building Great Client Relationships
- Provide a range of customized services to multiple clients, empowering them to make the best decisions for their business. These services may range up to full Controller-level oversight including aiding clients strategically by providing financial planning & analysis, reporting, and forecasting down to managing transactional accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, month-end close, payroll, HR administration & special projects.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with clients while performing within established processes and budgeted parameters.
- Support client onboarding process for all assigned client engagements in accordance with defined process.
- Collaborate with your manager and other Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services through timely and effective communication, delivery on deadlines and stellar accounting support.
- Identify and recommend to your manager areas where Supporting Strategies may be able to provide additional services or tools to drive additional client value and efficiency.
Team Delight – Creating a Satisfying & Collaborative Virtual Environment
- Complete virtual training with guidance from your manager in accordance with established Supporting Strategies procedures.
- Communicate with your manager regarding your established schedule, desired hours, and potential capacity issues.
- Participate in recurring team and one-on-one check-in meetings to ensure you are aligned for success.
- Embrace coaching and feedback provided by your manager and implement changes as needed to help meet team and client goals.
The qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to provide end to end accounting solutions including, financial planning & analysis, financial reporting, as well as detailed level bookkeeping support – accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month-end close for small businesses.
- 1+ years of transactional accounting experience using QuickBooks for/in a professional organization.
- Experience using web-based communication & conferencing technology.
- Capacity and commitment to work 20-30 hours per week, Monday through Friday, during traditional daytime business hours supporting clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to follow established policies and procedures consistently and accurately.
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping small businesses succeed.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Commitment to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data.
- A dedicated office space that has a reliable, high-speed internet connection.