Hourly Range: $14.43 USD to $25.29 USD
Join an amazing team that is consistently recognized for our achievements and culture, including our most recent Forbes award of being one of America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2023!
Why choose a career at Mercury?
At Mercury, we have been guided by our purpose to help people reduce risk and overcome unexpected events for more than 60 years. We are one team with a common goal to help others. Everyone needs insurance and we can’t imagine a world without it.
Our team will encourage you to grow, make time to have fun, and work together to make great things happen. We embrace the strengths and values of each team member. We believe in having diverse perspectives where everyone is included, to serve customers from all walks of life.
We care about our people, and we mean it. We reward our talented professionals with a competitive salary, bonus potential, and a variety of benefits to help our team members reach their health, retirement, and professional goals.
We offer many great benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility to work from home/hybrid in
- Company vehicle + gas card
- Paid time off (vacation time, sick time, 9 paid Company holidays, volunteer hours)
- Incentive bonus programs (potential for holiday bonus, referral bonus, and performance-based bonus)
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance
- 401 (k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Engaging work environment
- Promotional opportunities
- Education assistance
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Company recognition program
- Health and wellbeing resources, including free mental wellbeing therapy/coaching sessions, child and eldercare resources, and more
At Mercury, we fulfill our promise to our auto customers to get them back on the road efficiently and accurately with excellent service. If you are passionate about helping people in a team environment, are highly motivated, detail oriented and customer-centric, our Mercury Claims Representative position may be the place for you!
As a Claims Representative, you will be responsible for investigating and resolving insurance claims while providing exceptional customer service in a team environment. The position requires the handling of a high call volume and regular contact with customers on multiple platforms as you collaborate cohesively with other team members to achieve department goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Within a fast-paced environment, collect and analyze relevant information to determine claim validity, coverage and liability. Investigate and evaluate claims by conducting interviews, reviewing documentation, and gathering evidence. Document interactions, conversations and activities related to claims in a clear and concise manner using company systems and tools.
- In a team environment, manage a high volume of incoming telephone calls from policyholders, agents and other parties involved in the claims process. Provide outstanding customer service by actively listening to policyholder concerns, empathizing with their situation, and demonstrating a commitment to resolve the claim.
- Maintains file information to ensure accurate record of claims; continually reviews and monitors progress and expense of claims in pending
- Settles and authorizes payment with claimants.
- Identify and escalate files with more significant indemnity exposure or attorney representation to supervisor for review.
- Regular attendance at work on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours and 40 hours per week (M-F)
- Other functions may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; 2 years+ of college preferred.
- Insurance Adjuster’s License may be required in applicable states. (Mercury will assist in obtaining as part of our training program)
- Customer service experience required.
- Experience with handling high call volume in a professional call center ideal
- Effectively able to prioritize tasks.
- 6 months of related experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills to professionally correspond with customers and claimants.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products (Outlook, Word) and claims related software.
- Requires critical attention to detail, strong time management, multitasking, and good organizational skills to manage high volume of claims.
- Must be able to effectively manage high volume of tasks, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet timely deadlines.
- Analytical ability necessary to interpret and evaluate relevant information essential in resolving claims.
- Solid comprehension of Basic principles and practices of Company policies and procedures upon completion of formal training period
- Excellent customer Focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle several tasks and communication simultaneously.
- Ability to learn and perform the job in a remote setting as required.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers making decisions based on policies and procedures with the support of management.
- Ability to work independently, think critically, use resources, and seek answers when needed in virtual environment.