Employer: UnitedHealth Group
- Update claim information based on research and communication from member or provider
- Complete necessary adjustments to claims and ensure the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/certificates)
- Communicate extensively with members and providers regarding adjustments to resolve claims errors/issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Learn and leverage new systems and training resources to help apply claims processes/procedures
This is a challenging role with serious impact. You’ll be providing a high level of support and subject matter expertise within a fast paced, intense and high volume claims operation where accuracy and quality are essential. Multitasking in this role is required to conduct data entry and rework, analyzing and identifying trends as well as completing reports daily.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to compose grammatically correct correspondence that translates medical and insurance expressions into simple terms that members can easily understand