We currently have an opportunity for a Claim Representative to join our Auto Physical Damage team in our Denver, CO office or remotely nationwide. Under technical direction and within specific limited authority, the Claim Representative provides efficient and effective disposition of assigned claims through timely investigation, evaluation, and negotiation. Independently operates within parameters to accurately resolve lower exposure claims. Recommends and implements action plans for settlement of claims exceeding authority level. Claims require comparative negligence decisions and use of tools; generally does not involve bodily injury claims. Candidates must have experience handling claims involving Heavy Equipment and Tractor Trailers.
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts, determines and completes appropriate level of investigation to make determination of coverage, assess liability and determine damages. Takes a recorded statement from all parties involved in the claim.
- Independently determines exposure, establishes adequate initial reserves and makes timely adjustments as required.
- Assigns and directs activities of internal and external resources as required; including independent adjusters and appraisers. Determines whether additional evidence is required including but not limited to accident reports, accident scene reconstructions, witness statements, police reports, expert opinions, etc. Identifies questionable claims and consults with SIU or manager within specialty claim unit for further direction as appropriate.
- Independently determines settlement value of the loss and negotiates proper settlement of claims within authority. Provides recommendations to management for settlement and disposition of claims exceeding authority level.
- Documents clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity as appropriate.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external).
- Stays abreast of state license requirements and participates in education as required.
- Strong claims technical knowledge for associated line of business.
- Must show the ability to develop or have proven analytical, negotiation, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively including strong oral, written and listening skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office suite and other claims tracking systems.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy and provide follow-through on projects.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent claims technical experience required.
- 1-3 years of claims experience.
Our salary ranges are determined by many factors including location, role, experience and skillset of the candidate. The following ranges displayed reflect the target base salary for new hires but your recruiter will share more specific compensation information with you during the hiring process. The typical base salary range for this position is: $57,000 – $81,000, based on the factors aforementioned. For candidates located in San Francisco, CA; Hoboken, NJ; and the New York City metro area, the base salary range is $72,000 – $84,000. In addition to base salary, full time Intact employees are also eligible for bonus potential and a full range of benefits to include: 401(k) savings and annual contributions of up to 12% of annual salary, competitive paid time off programs, medical, vision and dental plans, mental health support programs, life and disability insurance, paid parental leave and a variety of voluntary benefits.
At Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions we are experts at what we do. Our deep understanding of the specialty insurance market is the foundation for our customized solutions, backed by targeted risk control and claims services. Our employees are passionate about providing insurance coverage that’s aligned to our targeted customer groups. Today, we help protect over a dozen industries with tailored coverages and services.