Bustle is seeking remote, part-time Celebrity News Writers to contribute five-hour shifts, three to four days each week, with availability on some weekends whenever needed. Writers should have extensive knowledge of celebrities, their interactions with each other on social media, pop culture in general, strong news judgment, familiarity with SEO, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. Writers should be willing and available for live coverage and celebrity interviews as needed. Familiarity with or strong interest in celebrity relationships, engagements, marriages, and pregnancies is a plus. Please visit Bustle.com/Entertainment and Bustle.com/Celebrity to see the types of stories you will pitch or be assigned.
The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of reporting/writing experience, specializing in entertainment news or celebrity coverage.
- Pitch compelling angles on mainstream celeb news and entertainment stories
- Be available for occasional real-time coverage of award shows/events
- Keep tabs on celeb relationships, baby news, and social interactions
- Write quickly and cleanly in the event of breaking news
- Produce a minimum of 3 articles per shift
- A love of pop culture, celebrities, influencers, music, television and movies
- A strong voice paired with excellent news judgment and SEO knowledge
- A knack for finding fresh angles on celeb happenings and trending news
- The ability to meet deadlines and be flexible during breaking news
- The availability to work remotely at least two days per week
- 2+ years reporting/writing experience