Employer: Compassion International
Hiring Range: $21.70 – $27.13
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.
This entry-level specialist supports a team of Relationship Managers in the Global Philanthropic Engagement division. The specialist generally does work in areas such as process management, travel planning, expense tracking and reporting, financial research, project management, data research and entry, report proofing and analysis, communications and change, scheduling, program implementation, and/or information management. The specialist may accomplish any or all of the essential functions, or other duties of a professional administrative nature. At this career level, the specialist may still be learning and assisting with projects and generally works under the guidance of her or his supervisor or a more experienced specialist or as a team member on larger projects.
What will you do?
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Assists with review of business processes to identify activities required to address the issues, including process steps and impact assessment to increase productivity and efficiency. Prepares supporting documentation such as presentations, future state maps, and business requirements.
- Tracks expenditures and variances to keep the department in budget. Informs management of variances and corrective recommendations.
- May support department specific duties sometimes related to other job subfamilies such as data analysis, field memos, gift allocations, account mergers, basic human resources, basic accounting, and/or program development.
- Gathers simple business data such as travel expenses or process metrics, displays the information for presentation and analysis. Helps to keep assigned projects progressing toward established goals and deadlines.
- Prepares and relays communications concerning business operations and outcomes to appropriate audiences. Further, supports change integration across the scope of own assigned projects. Encourages change adoption across common audiences as needed.
- Helps train and advise stakeholders on processes and guidelines related to the group or program projects.
- Assists in the development of effective metrics for ministry operations and maintains data/metrics, dashboards, tools, and artifacts to provide up-to-date status of group projects, processes, and initiatives.
- May contribute to new programs to improve neighbor morale or relations, ministry success, and community stewardship.
- Partners with other groups when required to help integrate information and processes across functions. Provides assistance to various projects as assigned in support of the work of Business Support management.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent education, experience, training and/or certification
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Strong communication capabilities and the willingness to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly organized and efficient work ethic.
- Salesforce experience not required but preferred.
Why work here?
The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name
It’s a mission that drives us because the need is desperate. Ten percent of the world lives on $1.90 a day or less. Our hearts break for the millions of children who suffer from lack of resources, but we rejoice because there is hope.