Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best.Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale.Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
In the role of Billing Supervisor, yourrole will include the selection and hiring of new team members, training of your team, and ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed correctly. Balancing both customer and employee needs along with recovering payments is the key to being a successful supervisor/manager in this division.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 6:00am – 2:30pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 10-14 days of paid training. The hours during training will be 6am to 2:30pm PST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Coordinate, supervise and accountable for the daily/weekly/monthly activities of a team of 15 to 20 Medical Collections Representatives
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals for the team are achieved.
- Coordinate work activities of team with other supervisors, managers, and departments.
- Participate in the recruitment, training and staffing functions for the department to ensure the timely hiring of qualified new employees, that all employees are properly trained in all aspects of their roles and that staffing levels are adequate to meet the business demand.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to team members, including formal corrective action when needed as well as completing annual performance reviews.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise, and judgment.
- Provide expertise and support for escalated calls and/or situations from both internal and external customers as needed.
- Consistently provide practical/relevant recommendations for improvements to process or practices and participates in the implementation.
- Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency.
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments.
- Handles unresolved inquiries/issues.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and managing organization policies on collection practices.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit.
- Impact of work is most often at the team level.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 4+ years Healthcare Billing or Healthcare Collections experience in a Provider setting.
- Understanding of Patient Revenue Cycle Applications and process flow through registration, charge entry, billing, collections, reimbursement calculation and payment
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Applications (Microsoft Excel – create and modify spreadsheets, Microsoft Outlook – send/receive emails, manage calendar)
- 1+ years of experience in coaching and supporting employees through building trust and collaboration that results in improved business and employee performance.
- Ability to work 6:00am – 2:30pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Associate degree (or higher)
- Lead or Supervisory experience
- Medi-Cal, TriCare, VA knowledge
- DNFB (Discharged Not Final Bill) knowledge.
- Clean Claim Rate knowledge
- Reside within Pacific Time zone
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
- Proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations.
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience.
- Strong Communication in both written and spoken form is vital.
California, Nevada, OR Washington Residents Only: The annual range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $46,700 – $91,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.