Employer: Workit Health
Join us in disrupting the status quo of addiction care! Workit Health is a rapidly growing telemedicine B-corporation in search of an outstanding and driven Billing Specialist. Everyday our team is working to increase access to addiction recovery care and as we grow we are working to build a team that is as energized by our patients as we are!
We are seeking a Billing Specialist who can manage several tasks across all clinics, directly and indirectly related to member accounts. This position will be an integral part of our onboarding and billing processes. Duties include but are not limited to collecting payments, resolvingproblems, attending to inquiries regarding an account. The physical ability to sit in front of a computer screen for long hours at a time is required. The Billing Specialist must interact with and manage patients on a regular basis. Proven experience as a Billing Specialist is imperative.
- Confirm coverage and eligibility
- Enforcing Workit Health billing policies
- Triage billing issues and lead communication with members on payment statuses
- Refund patients when needed and set up payment plans for outstanding balances
- Audit member billing history as needed
- Manage billing inquiries via chat and phone
- Assist billing team as needed
- High School Diploma
- CPC, CPB or 2 years equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Medical terminology
- Patient service experience required
- Medical office experience required
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- The ability to multitask
- Problem-solving aptitude
Essential Duties and Metrics for Success
- Relay balances accurately accurately
- Respond to members in a timely manner
- Patient account success
- Provide customer satisfaction
- Provide accurate insurance data
- Manage chats with professionalism
Why Join Workit?
- Remote-first culture with a focus on work-life balance, including three weeks paid time off year, health and dental benefits, and 401k with matching.
- Collaborative cross-team culture with remote events and activities that keep our team tightly knit even when at-home.
- Workit Health is a patient-focused B-Corporation, with outcomes which prove the social impact of our work.