IPG is on the cutting edge of the expanding the pet industry with lots of career opportunities and room for growth. We love pets and they are a huge part of our culture – from yappy hours to offering pet insurance through our benefits and more.
Independence Pet Group® (IPG) is one of North America’s largest pet insurance and services organizations. Our impressive family of brands (PetPartners, Figo, Pethealth, IAIC) supports insurance for more than 600,000 pets in the U.S. and Canada and provides well-being, safety, resources, and business solutions to the pet industry, including microchip identification and an online pet registry.
Responsible for the facilitation of the billing and collection of premiums from employer group customers
through their payroll and/or benefit administration vendors.
Job Location: Remote work is not available in AK, MT, HI (US)
- Generates and distributes premium billing statements.
- Processes payment files, including application and reconciliation of premium account balances.
- Tracks premium due dates and late payments and communicates with employer groups.
- Coordinates and communicates with employer group policyholders, payroll department, internal functional business areas, and/or benefits administration vendors.
- Updates and maintains records, accounts, and coordinates with finance team to evaluate accounts.
- Compiles information from multiple systems and maintains knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Schedules, hosts, and runs meetings to explain premium billing and remittance business rules and related processes.
- Responds to customer questions.
- Monitors system performance and overall functionality of software administration systems, and tests new system enhancements.
- Cross-trains with other internal teams.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience: 3 years’ relevant experience
- Advanced Excel experience (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS)
Level Specific Responsibilities:
- Assists with reconciliations
- Assists with special reporting
- Responsible for end of month reports and activities
- Works under limited supervision for routine situations
- May provide assistance, and training to subordinate support employees