Employer: Sprout Social
Sprout Social is used by over 30,000 brands worldwide including Tuft & Needle, Chicago Bulls, Subaru, and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Our Finance team isnâ€™t your typical month-end close type of department. Weâ€™re a dynamic team working in a fast-paced and always changing environment which means our Billing Specialist will have the opportunity to play a large part in standardizing the customer experience. Although we might live in spreadsheets and provide financial information to the business, thatâ€™s only the tip of the iceberg. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our customers with care.
The Billing Specialist we seek is someone with past billing experience or work-related experience in B2B customer service, someone who is able to communicate clearly across departments, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to maximize efficiency.
If you are looking to have an impact and play a large part in the development of our best in class Finance team, weâ€™d love to speak with you!
- Strong oral & written communication skills, plus the ability to summarize complex situations for understanding and alignment
- 1+ year experience in a customer service or operational role, using several different software systems in tandem.
Within 1 month, you will…Technology Used by Successful Businesses
- Complete Sproutâ€™s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. Youâ€™ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance teamâ€™s goals and key objectives and the impact our work has on Sproutâ€™s overall business objectives
Within 3 months, you will…
- Forge relationships with key players internally
- Understand the invoicing process and independently book new, renewal, and amendment invoices to ensure an organized and timely cash flow
- Independently identify and apply cash payments
- Confidently approach written and phone interactions with Sproutâ€™s customers
Within 6 months, you will…
- Foster internal and external rapport and communication across Sprout
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot subscription oddities and discrepancies
- Effectively contribute to the Finance teamâ€™s review and reporting processes
Within 12 months, you will…Technology Used by Successful Businesses
- Be a go-to Billing contact for all areas of the business
- Run like a well-oiled machine and increase the efficiency of the invoicing process
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our teamâ€™s shared belief in Sproutâ€™s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
Weâ€™re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipmentâ€”your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicagoâ€™s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.