HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative changes that impact the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on the side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day.
The Billing Representative will work closely with HONK’s Accounting and Finance teams and play a pivotal role in supporting the Accounting function at HONK. This newly created position will make sure vendor invoices are paid accurately and timely, support AP/AR functions, reconcile data, and have exposure to all other key Accounting functions.
Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, this position affords great visibility throughout the company and provides the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of accounting and finance activities. This is an entry level position and we are willing to train extensively for someone interested in growing into a billing and accounting role.
- Create client account invoices and process payment applications
- Generate invoice formats and complete requests from clients
- Review ledger for billing inconsistencies or errors, asses any clean up and suggest possible billing and accounting adjustments
- Report system errors and inconsistencies in the billing and proprietary admin portals to engineering team, and work with them thru issue resolution
- Manage smaller client accounts and assist with credit card collections
- Informing clients of account statuses or upcoming payment due dates
- Check our lockbox and prep check remittances for deposit and payment application
- Assist in completing audits and month-end close process
- Perform any ad-hoc account reconciliation
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with accounting software programs
- Very keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency with Mac OS
- Professional background with roadside service industry and client/customer service would be ideal