Crum & Forster (C&F) Crum & Forster (C&F), with a proud history dating to 1822, provides specialty and standard commercial lines insurance products through our admitted and surplus lines insurance companies. C&F enjoys a financial strength rating of “A” (Excellent) by AM Best and is proud of our superior customer service platform. Our claims and risk engineering services are recognized as among the best in the industry.
Our most valuable asset is our people: more than 2000 employees in locations throughout the United States. The company is increasingly winning recognition as a great place to work, earning several workplace and wellness awards, including the October 2022 Great Place to Work® Award for our employee-first focus and our steadfast commitment to diversity, equity and Inclusion.
C&F is part of Fairfax Financial Holdings, a global, billion dollar organization.
A C&F Billing & Collections Team Lead provides financial and administrative support by ensuring that all premium receivables are billed and collected in accordance with established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner and to provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
Billing & Collections Team Lead
Primary Location: Morristown, NJ or Remote
What YOU will do:
- Responsible for billing, collection of premium, follow- up, reporting activities, and/or losses on the Surety book of business (agency billed primarily but could include direct).
- Collaborate with UW team regarding the collection of past due premium.
- Research billing disputes, reconcile accounts, provide payment history as needed and respond immediately or on the same day they are received.
- Collaborate with operations UA team in the reconciliation of accounts, ensure premium transactions are correctly represented in the billing system
- Handles both external and internal customer service inquiries daily and provides excellent customer service.
- Communicates any customer service issues to Manager.
- Resolves payment discrepancies.
- Responsible for sending follow-up inquiries on non-responsive accounts and timely referral of accounts to the direct collections group.
- Reviews accounts receivable aging and other monthly reports to ensure compliance, and accurate and timely collections.
- Researches and reviews premium and commission disbursements.
- Monitors account details for non-payments, delayed payments or other irregularities.
- Collaborate with cash team regarding the application of cash, the transfer and correction of misapplied cash and the write-off of small, aged open balances.
What YOU will bring to C&F:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of equivalent experience related to Surety or P&C Insurance within a remittance team.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and past success managing remittance processes.
- Self-starter who works closely with Operations, Underwriting and Corporate Remittance teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to take ownership and see tasks through to completion.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of remittance and cash processes.
- Ability to recognize gaps in established process and procedures and remedy in a timely manner.
- Customer focused.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
What would differentiate YOU even more:
- Some experience working with simple SQL query’s.
- Experience performing data analysis.
What C&F will bring to you
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous 401K employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan with employer matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent benefits that go beyond health, dental & vision. Our programs are focused on your whole family’s wellness, including your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- A core C&F tenet is owning your career development, so we provide a wealth of ways for you to keep learning, including tuition reimbursement, industry-related certifications and professional training to keep you progressing on your chosen path
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and exciting work environment
- We believe you do well by doing good and want to encourage a spirit of social and community responsibility, matching donation program, volunteer opportunities, and an employee-driven corporate giving program that lets you participate and support your community