Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
What You’ll Do
- Process transactions in our billing system, Stripe, such as customer account activation/deactivation, refunds, and invoice adjustments (i.e. application of coupons and credit memos)
- Manage the collections process for our pay-as-you-go revenue stream
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding invoices, payments, taxation, and completion of invoicing prerequisites (i.e. procuring of purchase orders, completion of supplier registration forms)
- Resolve unapplied and unidentified cash payments to ensure accurate posting to the customer account
- Assist the Revenue Accounting team with timely and accurate daily cash postings within our billing system (Stripe) and accounting system (Netsuite)
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to the FP&A, Billing, Support, and Sales
- Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis for Revenue and Accounts Receivable related accounts as needed
- Assist in special projects and other ad hoc duties as appropriate
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Prior experience with Netsuite, Stripe and Salesforce preferred
- 2-5+ years of work experience of accounts receivable, or billing experience, technology-focused industry experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks at once.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.