Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Nelnet team will provide services to assist NEMA and NIFA with implementing and running the Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) program for the state of Nebraska. The HAF is part and parcel of the American Rescue Program Act and is intended to provide financial assistance to eligible Nebraska homeowners. Associates will be trained on documentation review, inbound, outbound phone work, and chat assistance.
SHIFT: Monday-Friday 8:00a-5:00p CST
- Interact with customers on their accounts, including inbound, outbound phone calls, and chats
- Contact customers on accounts, including outbound customer contact when appropriate.
- Maintain and ensure integrity of data and sensitive information
- Work with our customers across multiple platforms simultaneously to address questions and resolve issues
- Accurately update information on customer accounts
- Utilize your developed ability to communicate effectively with both customers and your team
- Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs by displaying ownership and de-escalating calls/contacts
- Research to provide customer inquiries with resolutions in accordance with established laws, regulations, and policies
- Commit to Performance-Based Organization (PBO) & Easy To Do Business With (ETDBW) philosophy
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- This is an entry-level role.
- 1+ year of customer service experience and/or general office experience preferred.
- Experience in retail or other customer-facing positions or job that require a high degree of providing excellent customer experience desired.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) program
- Service Excellence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Listening comprehension, reading comprehension
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Work with MS Office
- Business Math
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.