Employer: CVS Health
- Coram/CVS Health is looking for a high-energy healthcare professional to join our national team as a Benefit Verification Specialist!
- This rewarding opportunity allows you to work closely with our Patient Intake Coordinators and insurance providers to verify coverage for in-home IV therapy for Coram’s patients.
- We believe that Benefit Verification Specialists are a key part of creating a positive experience for our patients.
- In this dynamic and fast-paced role, you will be responsible to verify insurance coverage, perform benefit investigation, and obtain prior authorization for both new and existing patients in order to process patient prescription orders in a timely manner while demonstrating excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers.
- This role will require an understanding of insurance carriers and concepts including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage as well as knowledge of government and patient assistance programs.
- This is a full-time benefited position and is NOT through an agency. Typical hours are Sunday – Thursday OR Tuesday – Saturday between 11:30AM – 8:00PM CST.
- Colleague will be required to work mandatory overtime/extended work week when needed, as well as, regular and predictable attendance.
- With Coram/CVS Health, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to utilize your healthcare and customer service experience with a team who are passionate about making a difference in patient s lives.
- You can have an impact by providing the best care, education, and support to our patients, improving their overall quality of life!
- Coram/CVS Health is a Fortune 5 company and national leader in the home infusion and enteral nutrition fields.
- The word Coram derives from the Latin word cor, meaning heart … and our dedication to our customers is truly from the heart.
- Minimum year experience working in a customer service or call center environment.
- Data entry experience.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Preferred pharmacy, PBM or Specialty pharmacy experience
- Preferred knowledge of government and patient assistance programs
- Preferred experience working with medical billing procedure
- Preferred experience working with Prior Authorizations
- Preferred knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party vendors
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.